1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

564cc i4 FS/T - Formula2 Weapon

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Gt500jr, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Gt500jr

Gt500jr Active Member

Looking to sell or trade one-off 564cc prototype. Full write up and ad to follow.

Ideal trade candidates: race prepped RS660 or R7

PM for details in the interim. Located outside Chicago

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2023
  2. Kevgentile

Kevgentile Well-Known Member

3. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

Is this the old hordpower bike?
    So cool!

4. Gt500jr

Gt500jr Active Member

no this was a one-off built by Dave Lamerrill and Markbilt racing (engine).

I acquired it on here in 2020. I may just repost the original ad as I haven’t changed anything save for fabricating a reinforced rear shock mount.

5. Gt500jr

Gt500jr Active Member

Copied from the original ad-

“Motor (2009 R6 donor lump) built by Mark at MarkBilt Racing in 2016, chassis and bodywork are a one off custom built around the engine by Dave LaMerrill (all aluminum and carbon, seat is a self supporting carbon unit). Bike was completed in 2017. Has only been raced a handful of times. Bike gets mistaken for a Moto2 prototype every time it's at the track. Engine was rebuilt/refreshed by JD Hord in 2018 and has seen less than 4 hours use since then. YEC harness mated to the 2009 R6 cases. Front end is also R6 with Iron rotors (Brake Tech) and all Brembo calipers, master cylinder. Forged Marchi rims (mag) front and back. Bike weighs 335 lbs semi wet (all fluids and half a gallon of gas). Bike runs on 98 octane unleaded. Full TI (Arrow) headers with a RaceFit can. Clutchless up shifts, auto blip for downshifts. This bike is as pure and trick a racebike as you will see. 116 hp at the wheel. Suspension (racetech springs, JRI shock) setup for a 165 lb rider, dialed in at the track. Samco hoses. Geometry is retained from the 2009 R6 (swingarm slope, rake, trail, wheelbase) Comes with some sprockets and a spare set of OEM R6 rims mounted with rains”

6. Gt500jr

Gt500jr Active Member

Hord refreshed it in 2018…sounds like i was mistaken!

7. mattology

mattology Well-Known Member

Its straight up a moto2 bike in a parallel universe where prototype chassis and production 600 engines were allowed instead of one make engine series! so freaking rad

8. Muz720

Muz720 Well-Known Member

price?

9. itsrichierich

itsrichierich Well-Known Member

10. Gt500jr

Gt500jr Active Member

Listed at $12.5 on the interwebs; $12k for forum OBO.

11. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

Not sure, but the one I was thinking of didn't have a lamerril frame/swingarm.

Too cool.

12. Gt500jr

Gt500jr Active Member

More pics. Can send hi res versions directly.

Attached Files:

13. Gt500jr

Gt500jr Active Member

Someone buy and race this thing!

14. a250gpguy

a250gpguy New Member

Super neat bike. Are consumable spares available from someone (fairings etc)?

15. Gt500jr

Gt500jr Active Member

Not sure on additional consumables as the bodywork was custom…but looks durable
    (thankfully never tested).

16. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Please forgive my ignorance, but why was it reduced from 600 to 564cc, and was it achieved by de-stroking?

17. Gt500jr

Gt500jr Active Member

yes it was and there is a 565cc liquid cooled inline 4 cyl cap in f2

18. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Ahh gotcha, it was built to a class. Is it legal for any other classes?

19. Gt500jr

Gt500jr Active Member

I’m sure it can race “up” but without a vin I think it is limited.

my idea was to run this and another bike in two different classes but, you know, kids etc.

It was a heckuva fun trackday toy regardless

20. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

I didn’t realize that VIN’s aren’t required in F2.

It’s an awesome machine, and that CF bodywork!!