1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

500GP at Roebling in May?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Patman623, Apr 18, 2023.

1. Patman623

Patman623 Active Member

Mondo... 500GP being shown on the schedule for Roebling. Is this accurate?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sorry but no, leftover from last year.

3. Patman623

Patman623 Active Member

Ok. Thanks.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

FWIW if we ever get enough of them running again I'll gladly pull classes out of mothballs. Had the same issues with VMD, people getting a championship with no one else running the class so had to nuke a few :(

5. Patman623

Patman623 Active Member

Oh, I understand completely.

6. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

It would not bother me in the least if low turn out classes never got a trophy. I am there to race and have fun.

If a person wants bragging rights they can check the standings on the web site. Then they could make their own award with an internet form and have it laminated.

I know this is just another thing for WERA to keep track of though, like keeping track of what class is big enough. I know, only give placks in V7 and V8!

Same goes for vintage class championships. Get rid most or all of them.

I'll say it again. I just want to race and have fun.

7. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool Well-Known Member

saw it mentioned over at the a**** fb page. has any body ever thought about t-shirts (w/ wera logo) instead of placks? practical and plugs wera too.

8. Patman623

Patman623 Active Member

For f*cks sake. The word you’re looking for is PLAQUE. It’s your language. Know it. I’ve never received an old Scottish coin on the podium.

A plack was an ancient Scottish coin of the value of four Scots pence or, by 1707, one-third of an English penny.

9. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

Hey Potman632. Theirs placks on you teef!

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Cost more than plaques - not a huge amount but more.