1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2023 WERA MotoGP Fantasy League

Discussion in 'General' started by vfrket, Nov 13, 2022.

1. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

welp... we'll see what this does for me....

upload_2023-3-26_9-13-49.png

Phl218 likes this.
  2. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Taking an L on round 1. In Nashville halfway to the bayou with a minivan of family and had no clue Enea wasn't racing and haven't changed picks since just testing the site.

Good first weekend of racing though and I'm definitely not a hater of the new format. Even FP1 and 2 are more interesting this way.

3. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

I had Enea in 3rd not realizing he can't race because I was busy helping someone move yesterday so I didn't get a chance to watch anything or make any changes. Glad I at least put in preliminary picks before the weekend even started lol I at least got 25 points for Pecco, but the rest of my picks are garbage lol

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

This is way hard since Practice is geared towards a fast time and not a long run.

Today was bad since I had a lot of the crashers in top positions and well the ones that did well in like reverse

5. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

My 1-2-3 picks were running 1-2-3 until Marc took 2 and 3 out in one fell swoop. I really think the sprint races and having less time for setup and no buffer time for problems is going to dramatically change how things go.

vfrket likes this.
  6. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

So I wasn't the only one who didn't know he wasn't in lol. I was on cruise ship at sea and limited data time so my pics were definitely not researched well lol.

7. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Please be patient as I work through scoring for the first race of the year. If you see anything odd and it still says provisional results at the top of the page, please don't freak out.

Also, I intended to post up a screenshot of my picks before the race, however I failed to get my updated picks in so not a great start to the season for me.

These were my picks:

Screenshot 2023-03-26 at 9.17.44 PM.png

Last edited: Mar 26, 2023
  8. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Well I see some provional results but I am sure there are a few bugs being worked though as I am sure several people did not score 0!
    Nor are we all getting a bunch of points for Peco's win :) Screenshot_20230326_223341_Chrome.jpg

9. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

Those 0 seem to be old players that are not playing

11. dsapsis

BB is correct -- the zeros are for people in the system from last year but are not playing this year. We will get them scrubbed from results. Since the results page that shows each persons pics and tally is all muddled, nothing is official as of yet (other than that was a hack of a race, and Marc bore the brunt of responsibility for it -- it looked almost like he had a brake failure). That said, three cheers for the Portimão racetrack; such a better circuit to start the season than Qatar. I think it's in my top three favorite circuits on the calendar.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2023
    backbone and vfrket like this.
  12. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Ok, results are up now. I'm leaving the status as provisional until Dave has a chance to look over them. As for the extra players in the standings, we will get them removed for this season.

That was definitely a rough one, but I didn't do myself any favors with some my ridiculous picks.

BigBird, SuddenBraking and vfrket like this.
  13. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Thanks again for all you do, Jeremy.

It’s greatly appreciated :timeforabeer:

gixer1100 likes this.
  14. BigBird

BigBird blah

Congrats to @vfrket for winning this week, and leading the championship again. Hopefully history repeats it self a little :p

15. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

As long as you are behind me I will be happy-ish

:D

16. dsapsis

Scoring and points have been checked and confirmed, but we always appreciate everyone checking their own ledger.
    Congrats to vfrket for the first race win and assuming lead in the 'ship.

Results after 1 week --

Week Race Winner
    1. vfrket

Leaderboard

Player Name
    Race Points
    #1 vfrket 90
    #2 dsapsis 86
    #3 suddenbraking 84
    #4 72westie 83
    #4 Sudowoodo 83
    #4 dave_wolfe 83
    #5 HPPT 82
    #5 redtailracing 82
    #5 bigbird 82
    #6 gixxer1100 80

On to Argentina in just a few short days.

17. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Don’t give up free points, remember to remove Mark Marquez out of your picks for Argentina.

Sudowoodo and BigBird like this.
  18. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I picked riders as well as I golfed this weekend. Horrendous.

19. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I’ll take third after that abomination of a race.

20. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

And Bastianni...and Pol....and Oliveira. GP was off to a rough start with 4 people injured already!