1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2023 Endurance

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by regularguy, Nov 5, 2022.

1. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

The 2023 MA schedule is out. Hopefully there are no conflicting dates in the endurance schedule. I've heard rumors of a 6 or 8 hour endurance race for 2023??

2. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Mike - is NJMP the closer because of the repave/construction?

3. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

huh??

4. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Sorry should have been clearer- I thought I heard that New Jersey was getting a repave and was curious if that was why Barber was no longer the final MA round.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We're talking about longer races but it's give and take as the 2 hours are pretty popular.

No conflicts that I can see. Might change things up a touch on tracks/dates, still working it all out.

regularguy likes this.
  6. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

I think moving Barber to May had more to do with finding a filler since VIR shit on MA and took their date for their own event. Listen to the podcast with Chuck Aksland. Lots of good info on there.

RRP likes this.
  7. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

How is that endurance schedule comming along????

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Same as always, working on it :D

I actually have the schedule done for the vast majority of the events, we'll work out which ones will have endurance rounds next week. Only absolutes right this second are PIRC and GNF - so if I do get the schedule up today or tomorrow (waiting to hear if I can release a specific event date or not) there will be some TBA's on the endurance list and some tracks that may be added so as always at this time of year it will not be 100%. I expect a pretty close one by the end of the week before I head to Roebling and then there are the ever present hope to work things out changes and the tracks call us and change things up changes.

9. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update!!!
    Lets get some more rounds in the NE this year!!!!!

10. bryan4140

bryan4140 Member

Anything closer to the Mid-west would be cool. Road America?

voss555 likes this.
  11. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

There's not a chance of that. Road America is just far too expensive to rent.

12. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Would it be possible to squeeze a 5 hour and 2 hour ULW in the same day?

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

All depends on the track and time limits.

14. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I'd pay a bit extra to go to a 5 hour- who else? A 6 or 8 would be great, but baby steps are better than none.

15. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Night... Endurance... :D

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

When it comes to paying OT to tracks you won't be willing to pay that much trust me. It's usually a couple few thousand an hour.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And at some there is no OT option...

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

19. Hartluck36

Hartluck36 Well-Known Member

really figured there would be more endurance races this year rather than one less being that the turnout was so good this past year. curious why there is one less this year. series sponsorship or track scheduling issues?

20. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

it's not the full schedule yet from what has been said