1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2023 Daytona 200

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Feb 14, 2023.

1. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Oh yeah. Probably put BP in 10th or something

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  2. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Stromboli, being a man!

Once a Wanker.. and Boom like this.
  3. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Herrins interaction with Stanboli just now looked awkward as hell lol.

4. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

After all of that, it was an exciting finish!

I'm happy for Herrin. I'd bet he feels better about winning it in a fight after the penalty than he would have if he'd won after a red flag stoppage.

5. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

That was an awesome 10 laps of racing!!

Was pulling for JH4 but not mad about JH1.

GixxerBlade likes this.
  6. moto316

moto316 Well-Known Member

whats the explanation for peterson still being in it? was he not a lap down before the restart?

Once a Wanker.. and rapidzrx like this.
  7. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

My poor dog is now hiding on the other side of the living room.He's convinced Ive lost my mind.Those titties behind that guy I refuse to recognize anymore makes it better in "victory" pfft lane

8. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Great race!
    Timing and scoring a little messed up.
    After red flag... Cam P is a lap down. 2 laps into the restart. They announce he is leading the race.
    Brandon Paush is in the winners circle... then announce he is 12th

9. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Always love seeing old man Hayes winning. He’s such a genuinely nice dude.

Once a Wanker.. and TurboBlew like this.
  10. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Full credit, Herrin came back with a classy victory speech. He earned it. It did seem like Hayes was way down on power.

jd41, GixxerBlade and evakat like this.
  11. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Yea, thats' some BS. They should have gridded him 15 seconds back at the restart. MotoA screwed this up on many other things a well. It was run like a silly club race.

I will say it was a great 10 laps but it made little sense how it all came about.

R1Racer99 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  12. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

lol I have so many texts to a buddy who isn't watching with "statement" 2 minutes later "ignore my last statement" 2 minutes later "fuck I don't know"

Once a Wanker.. and backbone like this.
  13. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I wouldnt be thrilled making a 200 mile race plan then race direction decides on 220 miles

14. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

There must be some rule there, right? I mean you can’t just arbitrarily add 5 laps, right?

Once a Wanker.. and backbone like this.
  15. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Yeah, that was a great speech. He/Ducati earned their win. They were at the front regardless of pit stops, red flags, penalties, etc...

16. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Awesome to see josh herrin win it even after getting penalized for a racing incident pass. Showing things to come this year for sure. He’s already whopping Richard strom noodles or whatever his name is team.

17. lightning97

lightning97 Well-Known Member

called it a complete restart 10 lap race. makes no sense to me how they determined that is how to call it after 52laps. nice finishing group! feel bad for J4

Once a Wanker.. and TurboBlew like this.
  18. backbone

backbone scarred for life

You shouldn't be able to at a National event. But this kinda BS happens club racing. It shouldn't though.

19. moto316

moto316 Well-Known Member

you must be on that good shit if you think this is indicative of how SBK is going to go this season.

20. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Allowing a lapped rider who was able to get new tires because of their extra pit stops due to poor bike prep, somehow end up on the podium is an insult to those teams that actually put in the effort to prepare for this event.