1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 ZX6R for track days

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by bitorius, Aug 27, 2021.

1. bitorius

bitorius Active Member

Hello,

I finally got a chance to bring my bone-stock ZX6R to NJMP. Bike was fantastic. I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for anything to make it more "track worthy". The fueling was a little sharp from closed to slightly open, but I think I may have too much slack in the throttle cable.

The only issue I had was the rear set was a little low and I kept pulling up the on the pegs, so just got Bonamicis. Not necessary, but helps a bit.

I may add one of those "shims" for the shock clevis to the rear to buff the turn in, since I'm at Pocono this weekend.

Anything else to recommend?

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Track plastics would be towards the top of my list. Was this your first track experience or just first with this bike?

I didn't know bikes still ran at Pocono.

3. bitorius

bitorius Active Member

First time with the bike. I’ve had a lot of track, but sadly was in search of speed and not control. Went back to an R3 for a year and then got a new 600 since we won’t have many to choose from in the future.

what does having track plastics help with?

4. surfingsk8r

surfingsk8r Well-Known Member

"what does having track plastics help with?"

Not ruining your more expensive street stuff.

5. surfingsk8r

surfingsk8r Well-Known Member

Also adds a functional belly pan in the event of fluid leaks.

6. bitorius

bitorius Active Member

Ah okay. Will do. Just did grips too. Hopefully all goes well tomorrow

7. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

A $2500-3500 track bike that wont make you cry yourself to sleep if you yard sale it at track.

5axis and baconologist like this.
  8. bitorius

bitorius Active Member

Yeah, I goofed. That was supposed to be my R3 this year, but I couldn’t resist trying this.

Im not rich, but I’m plenty foolish.

thanks for the suggestions

Maxtrap likes this.