1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 Information - Schedule/Rules/Whatever

Discussion in 'Announcements/Information' started by Mongo, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Finding flights is a bit of a pain for sure. I'd drive again but we have to be in Birmingham the next weekend.

2. SGK

SGK Member

Will WERA still be racing Mid Ohio that weekend -- Jully 11 & 12 -- with a modified (no vintage) schedule?

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope. That isn't our event, we just run the roadracing portion for the AMA and they let us bring in some non vintage classes.

4. wheelz96

wheelz96 Well-Known Member

Will Barber have a TD July 3rd before the race weekend?

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

6. Buell1965

Buell1965 Well-Known Member

My question is will there be registration on friday July 3rd before the barber wknd 4th and 5th or do i need to fax as in normal protocol before the ten day cap and thinking by June 22nd . Thank you in advance .

7. Buell1965

I will assume things are back to normal and will be faxing my pre entry today ..cheers and looking forward to my first wera race at beautiful Barber .

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We will probably do some registration and tech Friday night - for pre entry it is open online and fax always works as well.

Buell1965 likes this.
  9. Buell1965

Thanks you . I did fax my registration this morning and it went thru ok on my end . I will email in regards to confirmation that I did everything right .

10. yuengling910

yuengling910 Loose Cannon

This is my first time heading to Barber. We're planning on getting to the track in the early afternoon. Any idea what time they will allow us to move in? It looks like camping spots are first come, first serve, we will have a small toy hauler and would like to get power but will bring a generator just in case. Any suggestions on good places to park? Also, we would like to visit the museum on Friday afternoon before we move in. Is there any place to park a truck with a trailer near the museum? Lastly, are dogs ok at Barber as long as they are on a leash?

Thanks.

11. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

Check out the FAQ. It's tailored for track days but probably still applicable --> https://barberracingevents.com/track-day-faq/

yuengling910 likes this.
  12. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

13. wheelz96

wheelz96 Well-Known Member

I have only been to Barber once (unfortunately) but you will be allowed to enter pits on Friday. Not positive how early on Friday. Power is limited but parking spaces are plentiful! There will be at least 3 tiers to to pick from for pit space. We also visited the museum last time with a truck and trailer and parked in museum parking lot without issue. It wasn't busy but you will be fine. You will fall in love with the facility!

yuengling910 likes this.
  14. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I would not sweat getting power if you have a generator. Go to the top tier and setup camp. As a bonus you'll be near the road & grassy hill beneath the primitive RV spots... so you can walk your dog. Generally if dogs are out of sight...they are out of mind.
    Just need to keep them near your pit.
    There is usually 1 entrance to the paddock. That road is the same one you'd take down to Pit Out (left side of tower facing track) From Pit In (right side of tower) you'd simply go up the hill to your spot. Also you'd save the power charge. :D

yuengling910 likes this.
  15. Mark Badillo

Mark Badillo Well-Known Member

May I run the same competition Numbers on two seperate bikes in two seperate classes? 500GP (Ducati 350) and heavyweight V8 Ducati 900 SS

Buell1965 likes this.
  16. Buell1965

17. Buell1965

Pretty sure that is what your supposed to do with your assigned number , so that's a yes from me dawg .

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, the number is yours no matter the class(es).

CombsNB likes this.
  19. Buell1965

if it helps you out , you may want to consider Light Weight Twins Super Bike for your duck , V8 heavy weight is full of very fast bikes and while not recomended to look back as you navigate the track be sure and not get caught in a freight train steaming by . holler if you want as i plan to run my Ducati in LTWT twin SB come 2021 here in the south east .

20. Mark Badillo

Mark Badillo Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up, because that is exactly where I was considering running! I knew there would be a lot of liquid cooled bikes in there that are stonkin fast. Which Duc are you going to campaign this year?

Buell1965 likes this.