1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 NFL Bold Predictions

Discussion in 'General' started by dtalbott, Aug 1, 2018.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

Do you think another QB could have done what he did in Belichick's system? How was that Bledsoe guy doing before Brady got there. I legit don't remember.

2. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Dude...stop. He has 6 rings. He's won a Super Bowl in 1/3 of his seasons. Nobody is even close. Peyton could run an offense better, but had less arm talent. I'd say Terry Bradshaw and Joe Montana are in the argument, but of all the active QBs right now, noone is even close.
    Two minutes to go against any defense and you're down 1 score. Who do you want under center?

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd take any of the top QB's in that situation if they're behind the Pats offensive line.

Brady is great yes, but the whole GOAT thing is bs since it ignores Belichick and the rest of the team all those years and all those rings. Football is way too much of a team gig to give any single player credit or blame.

BigBird likes this.
  4. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Belicheck himself has commented on the fact that Brady really isn't the most talented or athletic, but he works hard and thrives in that system. Unfortunately, you can never count out the Pats with Belicheck and Brady due to how they can control the game even when everyone knows where the ball is going to go. It just flat works, and kudos to them for it. Third and long and you don't cover that slow-assed midget? Brady throws to two people, Gronk and Edelman. That entire AFC championship game the Chiefs would get the Pats in third and long. And every time, they would leave Edelman wide open. The Pats line is really good, but that chemistry between Edelman, Gronk and Brady is deadly ridiculous.

I just wish another team would step up and stop it already.

5. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Goff will have nightmares for the rest of his life after what BB did to him on Sunday.

Brady won some for Bill, Bill won this one for Brady.

6. Spang308

Regardless of the system he plays in, the offensive line he plays behind, or who's calling the plays, his results speak for themselves. He has been in the Super Bowl in half his seasons and won 6 of them. He is an expert at managing a game and rarely makes mistakes.
    Not sure without looking it up, but has he ever missed the playoffs. C'mon, we're talking about a career worth of consistent excellence. I know Belichick is the best in the business, but who else could have delivered this much for this long, year in and year out?
    The Pats have 6 Super Bowl wins, all with the same QB....and I'll grant you same head coach.
    GOAT

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Why would Goff have nightmares?

Both defenses played amazing games. Made it boring but still a great game. Especially the Rams being able to shut down Brady and Belichick like that.

8. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

I'll let Spang308 do my work here :D

Spang308 likes this.
  9. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

3 points- 30 under their reg season average.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Did that actually make sense to you? He didn't get to a single one of those games without the rest of the team. He didn't get there without Belichick.

Belichick has 8 Super Bowl rings....

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So by that "logic" Brady is having nightmares since they could only get 13 points? Because he could only manage one TD?

12. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

You can take any part out and they will still win.... Belichick can take a shitty player and make him a starter on any team. Shows there true strength as a Team and organization

BigBird likes this.
  13. Spang308

image000000_12.jpg
    Were we watching the same game? 400 plus yards of offense is not shutting a team down. Bend not break is the best compliment I can give them. From the eye test, that game was ugly for the Rams. Goff looked absolutely lost the whole game while the Pats were able to move the chains.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What work? Pats are a great team.

Their fans are totally delusional most of the time. Reminds me of Steelers and Cowboys fans back in the day. Or most any college football fan now :crackup:

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, watched the same game. Rams offense should have at least some bad dreams but Goff did okay with the openings he had.

I do wonder if we watched the same game. You seem to not realize there are more people out there than the QB on either side...

16. Spang308

Haha...before you get to cozy, I'm an Eagles fan. You wouldn't have been all that happy with me this time last year. I just call it like I see it. I'm the same defending Bama against all the haters and I'm a diehard Clemson fan. Dabo won 2 of the last 3 (both over Bama) and I'm thrilled, but Bama won 5 of the last 10, so clearly they're still the standard...for now.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So how is it you blame/credit the coach in college but there's no one other than a quarterback on the teams in pro? :crackup:

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

2008 Patriots won 11 games with a QB not named Brady. And went into the year with Brady as their starter who got injured.

And Cassel pretty much did nothing after Belichick, except earn a nice contract. They did miss the playoffs, but that was one of those weird years I believe where they had more wins than teams that got in.

So, who really is the GOAT?
    https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2018/...n-tom-brady-injury-matt-cassel-bill-belichick

19. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:stupid:

20. Spang308

Because at best, a college coach has a QB for 3 or 4 years. College is all recruiting and coaching. Sure player talent matters, but the coach is who brought them in and taught them. And Hunter Renfrow is the only college player with a career as long as Brady's. :crackup: