1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2014 Thor Motor Coach Citation Sprinter 24SR

Discussion in 'Other' started by diggler, May 18, 2020.

1. diggler

diggler Well-Known Member

2014 Thor Motor Coach Citation Sprinter 24SR, Super clean double slide! Air Conditioning, AM FM CD, Backup Camera, Backup Monitor, Batteries, Battery Charger, CD Player, CO Detector, Converter, DVD Player, External Shower, Fantastic Fan, Fire Extinguisher, Generator, Hitch, 2 Indoor LCD HDTV, 1 Outdoor LCD HDTV, LP Detector, Microwave, Non Smoking Unit, Oven, Pleated Shades, Power Entrance Step, Propane, Refrigerator, Screen Door, Skylight, Slideout Awning, Slideout, Smoke Detector, Sofa Bed, Stove Top Burner, Tinted Windows, TV Antenna, Water Heater.

Year: 2014
    Make: Thor Motor Coach
    Model: Citation Sprinter 24SR
    Class: Class B
    Mileage: 14,338
    Fuel Type: DIESEL
    Gross Vehicle Weight: 11,030
    Engine Type: V6 3L 188HP Turbo Diesel
    Sleeping Capacity: 6
    Air Conditioners: 1
    Slide Outs: 2
    Length: 24
    Engine Manufacture: Mercedes-Benz
    Water Capacity: 40

Gets great mileage, varies a tad bit depending on wind. 15MPG at 70MPH
    towing a 14x7 V-nose between 12.5MPG and 13.8 MPG

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

$65,000.00

PM or email for more pics

2. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

I'd feel confident you've sold this by now, so I'm curious what your experience owning, using, and maintaining it was, overall. Looking at RVs, and debating between a class C like this, or a toy hauler for my F-350. Wife would drive something like this, but not so sure about pulling a trailer.

Will9465 likes this.
  3. Will9465

Will9465 Well-Known Member

Same here! Beginning next year Ill be seriously looking for one. Curious to hear all the views regarding this :)

4. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

That’s a Class B. It’s much narrower and has much less interior volume than a Class C.

The Sprinter- and Transit-based Class B motorhomes are a more refined driving experience than an E350/450-based Class C. It’s a big reason why people buy them. For many, the narrower width makes them less daunting to drive, as well. Plus, they get roughly double the fuel mileage. However, they’re much more expensive to buy and maintain. Putting a trailer behind one, your wife won’t notice anything.

You need to know, most any chassis brand’s dealers will NOT touch a motorhome. I was taking mine to a Ford Commercial truck dealer, ~70mi away, to have the chassis and generator serviced on the Class C I had. You have to plan that stuff.

I enjoyed driving and living in mine. I could fuel and park it anywhere. Big toy haulers aren’t quite as easy.

You need to go to an RV dealer and spend a lot of time in any unit you might be interested in, without a salesperson hovering over you and your wife. I spent ~3mos, before deciding on what I bought. Still, after buying it, I wished I’d bought the other one of the two I’d narrowed it down to.

5. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

@Once a Wanker..

This is what the inside of my Thor Four Winds 24F (~25’ length) looked like.

A Class B typically has some kind of convertible bed setup (many times it’s a fold-out couch), whereas as a Class C will usually have a queen, plus the bunk above the cab (Class B doesn’t have the overcab space). A Class B will have a shallower depth slide, whereas as a Class C like mine had a slide that was the full width of the dinette and the full length of the coach. It was a huge slide and really transformed the living space, which is why I bought this model. It was almost as big inside as a short Class A, without feeling like I was driving a bus.

Again, spend a lot of time looking at everything you can. There are some really innovative floor plans out there. This model I bought was the only 25’ Class C on the market with a full-length slide.

00313535-8A80-47B1-8F72-816A2BC4D38D.jpeg
    EA80F819-45D5-41F1-B0AF-B791FFA8461A.jpeg

SpeedR73 likes this.
  6. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Didn't realize people still called that a class B, I always assumed fiberglass box (or anything other than stock sheetmetal) was C.