1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2012 WERA Schedule

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Daniel06

Daniel06 Well-Known Member

I have to say, I'm w/ nikk777 on the tally in Jan/feb. Stating the obvious here, but Jan/feb are the coldest months here in Alabama. So why race 2 races in those months and race 1 national event in April and zero SE races in September? The weather is much better for racing in April and sept.

I'm only a couple hours from tally, and I'm not sure I'll go to those events depending on the weather.

That's my 2 cents.

2. You arent the first person to tell me that :D. When i consider how far i drive to places like Jennings, I can just as easily go up there. I might have to do that...

That is kinda what im going to do. Im not chasing a regional championship, I am just going to pick and choose events I want to do, regardless of region between DiSalvo schools.

I want to race several times to keep that "edge", but I really want to get some good seat time, gain some experience and learn alot this year.

3. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

I'm with ya, whenever you stop and pick my bike and I up. Haha

4. dumpkan463

dumpkan463 New Member

dissapointed that national and endurance will not be at summit point but i guess that is what happens in this economy.

5. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Mongo-

The new schedule looks good, lots of sensible changes, and more racing for less travel $$. 2012 will probably be my last season of racing, only a few events, but they will be with WERA. Old age is catching up with me, as are my creditors :)

6. Wade Parish

Wade Parish North Central Hawker

I'll run it!
    I've been working up a mean Sublet impression!

7. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Well-Known Member

Here is an idea to partially help with the Vintage points issue... The legacy "Sunday" vintage classes (V6HW, V7MW and V7HW) could be run on the same points system as the modern sprints. They run the same number of races with the format, so there will be no shortage of rounds to accumulate points with a winner take all at the GNF regardless of points coming in.

Then I'm not sure about the rest of the Vintage classes that run "Saturday" only - Maybe do the same thing. Eliminate the best of X number of races and just score it all the same as modern classes.

Just some thoughts...

8. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

You can't quit!

But, if you do, let's not forget about the displaced umbrella girls. They're more than welcome to head over to my spot in the paddock. I might even have another rider who could use some shading. :beer:

9. tracaddict

tracaddict Well-Known Member

I see more travel and less racing when looking at the schedule.

10. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

That won't happen. Umbrella girls are like butterflies, they flutter away when the flowers wilt.

Besides, it's better to get your own, fresh-picked.

11. STEEZO

STEEZO Well-Known Member

For the National Events without an Endurance Race, what will be going on Sat? Just practice? Doubleheader? Or spread the Sunday races over Sat and Sun?

Thanks for the DH at Jennings and RRR

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Our North Central crew like usual.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What do you mean?

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It will not be a National Challenge Series class at this point.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes it would, however that wasn't an option when other people have the track on those weekends.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They're all combined with regional rounds so it'll be Sportsman races on Saturday and National races on Sunday.

17. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

As much as I don't love the loss of 2 rounds that were really close for me, I understand it, and the reduction means that I may legitimately be able to race a full season, and shoot for a decent point total in the North Central region.

...now to learn a couple tracks I've never ridden :P

18. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Ohhhhh!
    I will still miss 6 hrs at summit, but I can take a sprint pack weekend like that.
    Double header weekends are the same as sunday sprints?

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes, the DH weekends will be a normal Sunday schedule on both days.

20. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

I've been working on my Rich Graver. Maybe we can connect! :)