1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2011 Indianapolis Motogp friday night get together?

Discussion in 'General' started by dobr24, Jul 11, 2011.

1. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I was waiting for someone to ask... :D

The one who gets rolled by his cat for lunch money and Slim Jims........

2. Daekwan

Daekwan Ant Gobert's fav. rider..

Works for me. I prefer the 'donts', am known for being hungry around 3am on the weekends and I'm an avid Starwood Points member. Hope the Westin is available.. checking now.

Thanks!

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That happens to most of them but I'm guessing you mean the one that brags about it :D

4. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Good point! I'm just back from vacation, this posting thing is all kinda new to me. :D

5. Daekwan

Something doesnt seem just right. Major MotoGP weekend. Club access to the hotel, city view room, free internet, free valet parking and free breakfast at the Westin Indy.. all for only $139 a night!?!?

Oh well I'm reserved!! Not sure how good of a deal this is, but it seems like a huge one. If you guys want in, I suggest reserving so now!

Hotel & Room Information
    The Westin Indianapolis
    50 South Capitol Ave.
    Indianapolis, Indiana 46204 United States
    Phone: (317) 262-8100 Fax: (317) 231-3928 Check in
    08/26/2011 - 3:00 PMCheck out
    08/29/2011 - 12:00 PM1 Room, 1 Adult per room, 1 King, Non-smoking
    Room Features: Club Floor Non-smoking , Heavenly Bed And Bath , City View , Free Internet/bottled Water , Breakfast In Lounge Rate Information
    Best Rates. Guaranteed.Rate Description: Club Pkg/park/bkfst. Club Floor Room With Access To Club Lounge Along Withcomplimentary Valet Parking And Local And Toll Free Phonecalls And High Speed Internet. Identification Required.

SET or Corporate Account Number:
    Average est. room total per night**
    Room rate: USD139.00Taxes: USD23.63Estimated total**:USD162.63Estimated total for your stay**
    1 room(s) for 3 night(s): USD 487.89

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's seriously cheap compared to other venues and the city is a blast the whole weekend.

7. Daekwan

8. Daekwan

Considering the money I spent to go to the GP round in Laguna a few years ago hell yeah! First I had to buy tickets for 2 (the woman wanted to go), then get a rental car cuz everything was sold out in Monterey, then pay $200 a night for a hotel + tax.. and finally the race tickets were about another $250 for the grandstand seating, paddock tour, etc. Probably about a $2k trip.

This time around I'm seeing another GP race, can drive my own car from DC to Indy in less than 10 hours. Hotel is only $139 a night with free parking, internet and breakfast. Can catch the shuttle to the track.. and best of all tickets to the event are only $60 for all 3 days.

Now should I spring more for reserved seating?

Whats the best section/seating/turn to sit in where I can view most of the track?

Anybody else racing that weekend? AMA? WSBK?

9. caferace

caferace No.

:stupid:

-jim

10. caferace

caferace No.

11. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Indy is one of the few cities that realized if they gouged people and double the charges for rooms and services will only backfire on them someday. They want you to come back again. Next years Superbowl already has most of the better hotel rooms booked.

12. jay956

jay956 Well-Known Member

i remember reading somewhere that you can get into the track on thursday and might be able to see some stuff up close, anyone done that before?

13. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Its a fan walk on pit road. The garages are all open and you can see in, but you're still 40 feet away. The riders come out and sign stuff. You can do the same thing Friday morning.

14. jay956

jay956 Well-Known Member

still sounds cool to me, do you know if that goes on at certain times on thursday?

15. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

IMS's website doesn't have a schedule posted yet. Check it in a couple weeks to see.

16. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

AMA???????