1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2009 ('13 MOTOR) CBR1000RR TRACK/RACEBIKE (REPOST) HUNTSVILLE, AL

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by ManxGPHopeful, Jan 20, 2023.

1. ManxGPHopeful

ManxGPHopeful Well, I THINK I'm fast

Many of you might know me from a lot of Barber and Tally trackdays and have seen this bike when you passed me in A and occasionally got passed in I lol. At least until last April.

This bike has been great to me and it's still plenty fast and handles beautifully. A lot of experts and magazines (and my ex-AMA racer mechanic James at Allpro Powersports in Huntsville, AL - who has maintained and serviced it from day 1 - is one of them, just ask him about the bike and how I never shortcut anything) It's the perfect litre track bike for the price. It has been religiously maintained and upgraded when needed and possible. Definitely more power than stock with Bazzazz components (see list below), also a LOT lighter.

I am just getting too old and inflexible for the riding position and want something a little more sedate for last waning trackday years lol. That is the ONLY reason I am selling this bike! I have over $15000 invested in it over 6 years. I do not ever work on my bikes, at all. All service and maintenance is done, again, by James at AllPro Powersports in Huntsville, AL since I bought it in Feb 2017 and he is happy to answer questions about the bike that he knows inside and out (literally). It indicated 8079mi (no more than 4800mi or so on the motor) and has about 25 trackdays on it. Oil, filter (HiFlo filter and Amsoil oil) and chain adjustment every other trackday as well as a going over and anything needed was done immediately. It is METICULOUSLY maintained. It will need new tires after one more race or trackday. I swear by Pirelli SC3 slicks. If I was keeping it I would invest in a upgraded front master cylinder soon as well.

Part of that investment was a complete motor replacement with a 1800mi 2013 unit. This has none of the crank issues as the 2009-12 motors had.

In June 2021 I had a lowside at Barber Turn 2. This necessitated new fairings, new radiator cap, new radiator, new levers, new upgraded subframes, new windscreen, new right side peg, and a few other bits and bobs all listed in the complete service history from when I bought it you get and can peruse (for some reason I just caught that James has always listed it as a'08 on his invoices, when in fact it is an '09). Also had 30mph low side in 2019 that just needed a new windscreen. Chain and sprockets good until at least next season - same with EBC GPFAX pads front and back.

As it stands this is what's on the bike front to back:
    • I bought the bike with:
      • Full Bazzaz enhancements (except removed quickshifter that failed)
      • Z-Fi fuel controller
      • Z-Bomb mini enhancer
      • Z-Fi TC traction + qs + fuel (qs missing - back to standard shifter)
      • Z-AFM self fuel mapping module
      • Full Ohlins suspension front and rear (now set up for 215lb rider) - I also should mention that suspension was completely serviced by ThermosMan in winter 2020-21 in advance of '21 season in which I only did 4 or 5 trackdays plus one this year.
      • GPR steering damper
      • Lightspeed red chain adjusters
      • Carbon fibre front fender
      • Steel braided brake lines all around.
    • 2013 motor (installed May 2017 for $2100 plus labor)
    • Constructors Racing Group (CRG) Black Folding Roll-A-Click clutch & brake levers (installed Mar 2022)
    • Tarazon racing radiator (installed May 2022)
    • GPR Exhaust Systems Homologated slip-on exhaust (installed May 2022)
    • Custom brackets for Aluminum battery holder Ten Kate/ HRC type undertray plate for Motoholders subframes (F & R) (installed Mar 2022)
    • Driven Racing adjustable footpegs in perfect condition - just replaced right side peg. (installed 2017)
    • New Shorai LFX14A2-BS12 Extreme Rate Lithium-Iron battery (installed Mar 2022)
    • New Domino XM2 throttle tube and grips (installed Mar 2022) replacing earlier ones installed Feb 2020.
    • Replaced Ohlins fork seals (Mar 2021)
    • EBC GPFAX390HH pads (should still have half a season on them)
    • EBC Honda CBR1000RR 08-16 SRC Race/Sport Kevlar Series Clutch Kit with Barnett racing clutch plates (installed Mar 2019)
    • Replaced fuel pump Aug 2018
    • New impregnated red (not painted) Sharkskinz full race bodywork (installed Mar 2022) (which, being honest, needed some fiddling and cutting to fit)
    • New black dzus fasteners
    • Tires probably have one trackday/race left on them
    • D.I.D. ERV3 Series 520 Exclusive Racing Chain plus Renthal 520 front & rear Sprockets (these things last forever and there is only about 10 trackdays on it - installed Jan 2019)
    • RaceSeats Universal Superbike Tail Race Seat Pad (installed Mar 2022)
    • TechSpec tank grips (installed Apr 2022)
    • Domino 1/4 turn throttle (installed Mar 2019)
    • New custom right bar end (installed Dec 2022)
    • Extra set of wheels.
    • Probably some other things I cant remember lol.
    This is a sorted bike that is ready to ride or race that I am selling, obviously, at a huge loss for such an massively upgraded, meticulously cared for track bike. It's a pure trackbike so it's not pristine but its not $20000 either :). I have a load more pics and a walkaround video and cold start, just message me.

I have noted these things are going up in value these days.

$6000 OBO. BILL-OF-SALE ONLY

Attached Files:

Buell1965 likes this.
  2. Mark Pisano

Mark Pisano Active Member

I’d love to have it but $4500 is what I can give you.

3. ManxGPHopeful

I'll pass you can maybe get an '04 for that.

4. ManxGPHopeful

BUMP, PLEASE MAKE A REASONABLE OFFER. MOTIVATED TO SELL.

5. ManxGPHopeful

I DO have the title for this bike but it was never assigned after it was sold to previous owner in IL. I am sure he did same as me in Alabama, if I title it I gotta insure it, register it, etc.

6. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

If the "original" owner (whose name is on the title) never assigned it then it shouldn't be too much trouble to get the title in your name in Alabama. Do you have his contact info?

Also, you don't need to register/insure a bike to get the title assigned. It's the reverse.........you need insurance and a title in your name to get a registration. I went through the same thing here in FL when I bought my last bike where the bike only came with an MSO.

Sorry, man....you've got a rad bike for what is still a pretty solid deal. Hope you can find a buyer.

Esquilito and TurboBlew like this.
  7. ManxGPHopeful

I have had 5 trackbikes and never titled any of them and never heard of anyone titling a track/race bike. Why would I? Why spend the money? Pointless. Always bought and sold with bill of sale only.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  8. backho

backho Well-Known Member

Exactly! If you’re unsure then just run the VIN

ManxGPHopeful likes this.
  9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

interesting... every single bike I own has a title... closed course or not. The ones that dont have titles have MSOs. Ownership documentation does matter to some folks as a factor of credibility of your qualifer as a seller.

Your bill of sale is as valid as a cracker jack temp tattoo. If it accompanies a valid ownership document... then sure. As a standalone instrument... um no.

Will9465, Rycast and NemesisR6 like this.
  10. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Ditto.

Not everybody does it, but it's a huge piece of mind thing for me when buying or selling a bike. I will absolutely pay a bit more for a clean-titled bike in the sellers name, especially if buying from out of state when I can't see it in person.

If you don't want to title a bike and pay the sales tax in your state it's certainly your prerogative, but don't dismiss the importance of it for many buyers.

Rycast and TurboBlew like this.
  11. ManxGPHopeful

As I said. I have never owned a track bike with a current title. Only bill-of-sale. I don't want to pay tax here in Alabama on a track bike nor pay a notary or go to the effort. Sold bikes here before and this has never come up. When I first bought a trackbike on BOS only I thought it weird then I asked around and everyone - including my ex-AMA racer mechanic - said I was crazy to want a title and would have a hard time finding bikes if that was a prerequisite. I had the exact same cobvo with the ex-WERA racer and motorcycle dealer I bought a racebike from. He was a DEALER in FL and sold the bike on BOS (I don't remember if it came with a title as it was superfluous). The legal doc, at least in AL, is ONLY a BOS. You can ride 30 days here on a BOS on the street, then you have title, register, and insure it And, as I said, I physically have the title from before it got converted to a racebike so the buyer can register it with the provided title if you want to waste time and money. I also have the title VIN report, it was $5. And you can look it up too; no issues, jeez.

12. ManxGPHopeful

Lol credibility and quality.

13. ManxGPHopeful

Right thanks. I have the orinted VIN report as well.

14. ManxGPHopeful

BUMP $5750

15. ManxGPHopeful

16. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

Definitely interested!

17. ManxGPHopeful

Make me an offer then.

18. ManxGPHopeful

19. Buell1965

Buell1965 Well-Known Member

What a screaming deal

20. Kevgentile

Kevgentile Well-Known Member

Agreed, very good deal.
    The suspension alone! Have the same FGRT 803's on my ducati.