1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2000 Honda RS250 NX5

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by Ron D, May 2, 2022.

1. Ron D

Ron D Active Member

Located in Tulsa OK.

Testing the waters here.

2000 NX5 Completely went through the bike when I bought it. Bike had never been raced prior to me and was a very seldom used track day bike. Previous owner told me it had less than 150 miles on it and it looked it. Replaced seals, hoses, brake pads, added fluids (it was stored dry!). Getting it back up and running was a thrill (It was near mint, just needed some things as it hadn't been ridden in a few years at least).
    A pretty nice paint job and some new slicks got it race ready! Raced a few CMRA events with it and a couple track days. I have put around 250 miles on the current crank and top end and she runs strong and she is tight.
    It comes with a full factory spares kit plus a whole bunch more!

Some of the highlights:
    New OEM Crank
    2 New Cylinders
    5 New Pistons with many more rings
    Extra Set of Wheels (with Rotors)
    Full Set of Jets (nearly endless combos)
    Seals and Gaskets
    Brake Pads
    and much more!

Thanks for looking!

Text is best as I can shoot a few pics and I don't check the forum often.

918-640-6118
    Ron

John Branch likes this.
  2. Phl218

Phl218 .

3. Ron D

Ron D Active Member

Asking $30k
    Also has a new Battle Factory Speedshifter installed as well as a sweet ACCU-Products starter tool. So no push starting!!!

4. Ron D

Ron D Active Member

5. Riot

Riot Well-Known Member

Bloody hell, I’m just gonna nip off to the bathroom for a minute…

I can’t believe this hasn’t sold yet. Lovely!

6. Ron D

Ron D Active Member

Bumpity Bump, I will have her at Barber on the 24th and 25th (Yes she will get a session or two). Best offer folks!

7. Ron D

Ron D Active Member

Bump...She ran great at Barber! She is ready to ride, needs absolutely nothing and the full factory spares kit to boot!

boxcrash likes this.
  8. Ron D

Ron D Active Member

Asking price drop to $28,500. This is a true unicorn folks (full factory spares kit and more)

boxcrash likes this.
  9. Ron D

Ron D Active Member

I am also willing to do a partial trade for a track ready 600 or 750. It would have to be clean with most of the goodies, suspension, quickshifter and reliability being the most important.

10. boxcrash

boxcrash Loading.....Please Wait

Right beaut right here! and a decent price.....

Unfortunately for someone like me, even with working 3 jobs, this is lottery winning affordability.
    I will probably never be able to afford something like this, 30k is just about paying off my mortgage money, lol

11. Ron D

Ron D Active Member

Just a little bump! She is still available, make me an offer and lets make a deal!

12. Michael J

Michael J Trackster and aspiring dirtbiker

Lol, this isn’t a new bike from tech standpoint. I have been aware of these for ages. But I had never thought about the fact the engine sprocket is on the right side of the bike, not the left. The nsr250 is the opposite. Does the difference have to do with the bike having a cassette gearbox and the ability to remove the gearbox? Is that why the sprocket and swingarm are oriented as they are? Allows the trans to be extracted from the left side? Asking since there are precious few unicorn owners that could answer that.

Next question then is, are there alternate trans ratios included with the spares?

13. Ron D

Ron D Active Member

I don't think it is a cassette style transmission. So the cases need to be split to change internal gear ratios. So no, there are not spare internal gears included. Many Front/Rear Sprocket combinations are included along with the complete Factory Spares kit. Feel free to DM me and I will give you my number. I would be happy to chat with you about the bike, even if you are not interested in purchasing it. I just like to talk gp racing and 2 strokes!

14. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Do you have it on the 2 Strokes for sale FB group? Seems like mostly Euros on that site and the bikes are worth more over there, if you can ship it. Only problem right now is the strong US dollar.