1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

150/60/18 or the like for FZR400

Discussion in 'Wanted to buy or trade' started by vance, May 3, 2017.

1. vance

vance *

Brit, you've not only saved me some money, you've likely saved my weekend.
    And the 250 is the other bike going this weekend. If I have time I may pull the rear off and see if it fits on the FZR.

2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Cool.....but familiarise yourself with it now before you get to the track.:beer:

3. vance

vance *

Tomorrow night, frankenbike. Cheers

4. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

We have Dunlop Alpha 13's (F+R) and a Stone 090 pro rear, both 18's used. can ship today if your still jammed up.

5. vance

vance *

I'm going to try the 500 swap for the weekend but please post up or send your contact info in a pm. I've read you guys are the go-to for FZR400 parts

6. vance

vance *

It's close, but maybe too much for tonight, running out of time for the weekend.
    The rear brake disc on the ex500 is 9" diameter, the FZR is 8 1/4". Don't see a way of adjusting the height of the FZR caliper. Not comfortable switching the ex caliper over because it's got that channel that keeps it in place, FZR does not.

7. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Shit,yes you are correct!! Im using the 250 caliper bracket since it uses a torque arm like the FZR. Otherwise its all the ex500 stuff besides the caliper bracket. Sorry,I forgot that part

8. vance

vance *

No worries, just doesn't seem to be in the cards this weekend. Last time I rushed a project I ended up with two broken wrists.
    Anyway, I will keep everyone posted because I'm picking up another ex500 this weekend that has an FZR swingarm and F2 front end and rear wheel????
    Will check it out but maybe an F2 wheel may be another option to swap

9. vance

vance *

Pic of the ex that's supposed to have F2 wheels and an FZR swingarm

Attached Files:

britx303 likes this.