1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

150/60/18 or the like for FZR400

Discussion in 'Wanted to buy or trade' started by vance, May 3, 2017.

1. vance

vance *

Anybody got a take off they can ship to FL by Friday, or have Stickboy's info?

2. J_Copeland

J_Copeland Well-Known Member

Facebook him

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

3. vance

vance *

No Facebook account. Just started a conversation with him on here. Should have been more specific, like does anyone have his work #? :)

J_Copeland likes this.
  4. J_Copeland

Derek "stickboy" Bennett
    DB Motorsports
    803-755-9984

5. No Brakes

No Brakes Well-Known Member

803-413-0731 for Stickboy Bridgestone Tire information

6. vance

vance *

No longer in service, FYI

"803-413-0731 for Stickboy Bridgestone Tire information" correct #, No Brakes.

Thanks to both, but apparently these 18" wheels are a thing of the past and the entire country is out. Nothing will happen before the weekend regarding new tires. Anybody got a take off?

7. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Until Stickboy says it himself that the country is all out of bt-090s,then I dont believe it. I heard there werent that many in the country,but unless what there was here, have been all bought up by GD street riders that do NOT need them like we do........:p GD MFers. Worse case scenario is order them from the UK.......they've got 'em I do know that

8. vance

vance *

Likely an exaggeration said in jest, but it seems they're in short order over the last few weeks. My fault, I waited until today not realizing these 18's are hard to get.
    And I know you've got a fizzer, can I borrow your rear tire for the weekend? :)

9. J_Copeland

Try this one !
    803-413-0721

10. britx303

:D You paying for the overnight? Is it for race purposes only?:beer:

11. vance

vance *

If you've got a spare you'll sell I'll gladly pay for it and the overnight. Don't know if my conscience could handle taking a man's only rear tire. :)
    Yeah we've got homestead this weekend and my ex500 crapped out on me at Daytona in March...
    On the warmup lap :)
    I bought those two 400's in the vintage section from Old Guy Rick, got one running, except for some dirty carbs and didn't realize the scarcity of the rear tire.

12. britx303

My bt-090 is really shagged,and I havent gotten around to ordering a new one.In a pinch,you could bolt on the ex500 rear.....assuming its a 17". You can put a 150X17 on it just fine,and easily available rubber. Yes its 1/2" slimmer rim,but it will be fine.They bolt right onto FZRs with no issues and the chain lines up perfect.

13. vance

vance *

Holy crap, seriously?
    My 500 is sitting beside the 400, tire has one weekend and one practice session at Daytona (plus the failed warmup lap)

Edit: even better, I've got plenty of gearing for the 500 wheel

Last edited: May 3, 2017
  14. britx303

Yes. I have so much crap around here its like motorcycle legos. I get bored sometimes and see what fits on different bikes. My ex250 is sporting a FZR600 swingarm that just needed 1/16" machined off the pivot width and it bolted right on,and it has the entire ex500 wheel setup on that.

15. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

no way....really?

16. britx303

And I bolted the stock FZR600 rear wheel setup on the 250 also.....its neverending chaos:D

17. britx303

So stands to reason that if you want a stock 4" rear rim,then an ex300 rear setup MIGHT bolt right on to the FZRs as well,but I dont have a setup to verify

18. baconologist

have you tried the 250 rear on the 400?

19. britx303

No.My 250 is a pregen,so I didnt bother with the 16". But as I mentioned,the FZR goes right onto the EX and everything lines right up.....so theoretically it goes the other way too

20. baconologist

I have a few extra 250 -17's....now I have a project