1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

“Play is under further review”

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Shits getting ridiculous. It’s even made its way into basketball and baseball.

I understand the desire to “get it right”, but I have also always believed the best officials are the ones you don’t even realize are there. Officiating shouldn’t be a noticeable part of the game.

Sure, they get calls wrong sometimes. But it is sorta like dealing with shitty weather, or bad track/field/weather conditions...as long as both sides (everyone) is dealing with the same circumstances, then it is what it is. Sometimes it goes your way, sometimes it doesn’t.

I almost feel like they do it just to increase the dramatics during the games.

MachineR1 and sharkattack like this.
  2. raven433

raven433 Old and Slow

I see it only getting worse.....

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Ping Pong is boring.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Given my job I like it. I have made a couple of bad calls over the last couple decades and they still piss me off to no end. I owe it to our riders as an official to be right more than keeping things rolling.

Sabre699, DucatiBomber and BigBird like this.
  5. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

But without replay the Lions couldn't get intentially screwed by the league. I beleive it's creation was meant just for that purpose and that purpose alone.

K51000, badmoon692008 and ineedanap like this.
  6. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I can't stand it personally. What I've noticed in discussing this among people I know is that the people who never really played sports seem to think it's better, those who played anything at a high level seem to hate it.

Gorilla George likes this.
  7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Has no place in baseball and I don't care one bit about the orange round bouncy ball game. In football, well, it's stupid unless it's in favor of my preferred local sports collective. :D

dtalbott likes this.
  8. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Hate it.
    Who you supposed to hate now?

9. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

It's coming to MMA too. Why even have officials?

fastfreddie likes this.
  10. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

yep, I agree. the other sports I could care less about. But leave baseball alone. It was perfect.

jrsamples likes this.
  11. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

1st ever. Review of a review and it overturns a Lions TD catch

12. I wanted to see just how bad it was and was going to count how many times the game is stopped and we have to wait for a play to be reviewed. I finally said fuck it. It’s just ridiculous.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Okay, worse than the reviewing crap is the over playing of AC/DC. I love me some AC/DC but please play something else than that 9 second loop of Back in Black.

Killswitch likes this.
  14. G 97

G 97 Garth

What's worse is when there is a review and they still get it wrong. College football is terrible at times.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  15. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Except it wasn't a catch. If the kicking team hadn't taken so long they would have had a TD.

It's a good thing there's instant replay when the refs suck as much as that crew did today.

16. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Someone with an amazing grasp of what should be obvious.
    The fact is that it could be raining pussy and the Lions would be getting hit with dicks.

Gorilla George likes this.
  17. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

Q; “Why do you hate Football”?
    A; ‘I grew up in Detroit’
    Many good things came out of the organization, including Alex Karras charities. He was a huge benefactor to childrens charities. We could use many more like him.

18. G 97

G 97 Garth

Only two in twenty years time is pretty good. :D

19. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

What does it say when a guy who needs everything to be perfect thinks it's a bad idea?

How long before a disputed call ends up in court?
    After all, there's money involved.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, I am talking about calls I regret, not calls the offending riders don't like :D