1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

“My truth”

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Oct 14, 2022.

1. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

This x100. I am convinced that society would be much better today if you could still punch someone who is being an asshole in the mouth without getting thrown in jail.

sdg, brex and Gorilla George like this.
  2. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Already had that in the “supply chain” origin of our current generation of snowflakes and TZs.

britx303 likes this.
  3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

and a few fish?

Sudowoodo likes this.
  4. Sudowoodo

Sudowoodo Error 404: Skill not found

Maybe a half eaten can of sardines.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'd be less concerned about that than about somebody on the ground "standing their ground."

6. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Jesus...what a reference. :D

sdg, R1M370 and R Acree like this.
  7. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

That is what would keep people from handing out punches to the mouth too freely.:D

8. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

When we lived in suburbia, the neighbor across the alley had a teenage son who was absofuckinlutely incorrigible. During one of the many screaming matches I overheard, the little shit screamed at his dad daring him to lay a finger on him, saying he'd go to the school nurse saying that his father was abusing him, and if the bruises weren't convincing enough that he would get his friends to beat him up then go to the nurse.

How do you manage that kinda kid? To me, it seems, that you have already lost.

9. Yep, they have already fucked that kid up.

It’s only a matter of time before he is spilling milk or throwing tomato soup.

R1M370, Sudowoodo and crashman like this.
  10. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

It's only a matter of time before you have to get some kid with the keys to grab your groceries out of whatever display case they're locked up in because of this shit.

Some dumbass with no ambition other than to create a cause for themselves in order to get some sense of participation in life.

I hate people.

Well I mean most of you fuckers are ok... unless you're trying to buy water I suppose.

crashman and Gorilla George like this.
  11. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Lol. That angle would not have worked out really well. If I would have tried that shit I would not have had to get my friends to beat me up because dad would have put more than enough lumps and bruises on me. Pretty sure he would have said "There. Now you have something to report me for" while he was beating my ass.

Gorilla George and SirCrashAlot like this.
  12. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

That sounds great, but in this day and age, pops would end up in jail. Not saying that is the way it oughta be, but that is the current reality.

Speaking of jail, I wonder if Shit-for-brains Jr. from across the alley is in prison yet.

crashman likes this.
  13. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Um you grant the kid his wish with a rock solid alibi & a blanket party. :D
    :rtfrb:

14. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

I don't understand it. When I was a kid back in the 70s and 80s we were afraid to be disrespectful of parents, teachers, elders, other people's property...shit like that. If I got called down in school I didn't automatically tell the teacher to fuck off, I said sorry sir/ma'am and I didn't do it again. Kids today ugh....

15. TurboBlew

While I can appreciate the tactic... a full grown man beating on a child just irritates me. At least make it fair.
    I tolerated punishment beatings from my adopted father... until one day I turned the tables on him. They called the cops on me for the beating I put on him.
    My football coach was a patrolman & that didnt work the way the parents though it would with me heading to juvy. He drove me to a friends house that night.

16. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

It sounds like you had a harder home life than me. I did not get punishment beatings and any punishment I received was deserved. I got away with way more stuff than I was caught doing and while I am not that smart even I knew that threatening the parents with legal action would not go over well. IMO the little cocksucker across the alley from auminer deserved a solid beating for the shit he was saying to his father. Yes, an adult should not beat up on kids but in the same breath kids should understand that provoking someone much larger and stronger than you is a bad idea. But I would have laughed if Denny Hamlin would have knocked Danica Patrick out when she was trying to get all tough with him too...

17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

What are you saying?

That insulation from consequences leads to ever more outrageous and disrespectful behavior?

Say it ain’t so, Dr. Freud!

Boman Forklift and TurboBlew like this.
  18. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

I think citizen's arrest is still possible but you have to be sure of what you are doing,statutes vary by states.

19. TurboBlew

Im in agreement. Sometimes you need your ass kicked for a better perspective.

Gorilla George likes this.
  20. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

I know that we are desperate, but I don't believe we have gotten that desperate.

Gorilla George likes this.