1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

“I’ve been doing this for 30 years!”

Discussion in 'General' started by cortezmachine, Apr 6, 2022.

1. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

Yep, save myself 5 grand and did the DOD delete from Texas Speed

2. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I get Service Writers who think they know how to fix cars. A customer claimed that the back up sensors didn't work on her CR-V. I went outside and immediately noticed that the car wasn't equipped with them. The writer told me that sometimes the sensors are invisible. I called BS, and he insisted that I call Tech Line. After arguing some more, I made the call and got my ass reamed for wasting their time. When I was parking the car outside, the car started beeping and the indicator told my it was the Blind Side System going off. (When in reverse and another car approaching from side.)

3. khill

khill Well-Known Member

Experience, doesn't equal expertise.......

Ken

Dom17, Nathey, BigBird and 7 others like this.
  4. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

I get the whole back up sensor thingamajig but my truck don't have it and I've never needed it cause I look in my mirrors and turn my head to look where I am going:rolleyes:

Who da thunk?!?!?

5. Johnny B

The CR-V already had the back up camera.

BigBird likes this.
  6. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Don't get me started on the whole seniority thing. Seniority does not mean competence.

Dang it! You got me started!:mad:

Nathey likes this.
  7. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Any vehicle after model year 2016 will have it as they were made mandatory.

8. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

And, you’re a much quicker and competent backer, because of it.

9. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

one word, supplement. (30 years in the industry too) ;) it is hard to get techs to understand, we cant write a 100% supplement free estimate with only 15 minutes (on average) with the car/customer, in the estimating bay. but, some estimators are way better than others.

and it is hard to get estimators, to remember what they need to R&I to get us paid properly, for all the work that is needed to fully repair the cars properly. just practice, and experience... oh, wait...

insurance companies write the most cost effective way to repair the auto. it is what they do. both the tech, and the estimator/shop mgr, are to work as a team, to get the required amount needed to properly fix the car, with a quality repair, and turn a profit.

you were not wrong, I have snapped at estimators, and techs. they need to learn, or move on.

Ski

cortezmachine likes this.
  10. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Ruined a great platform.

11. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Btw you know damn well this is farcical at best. All men are not created equal ya damn commie :D

12. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I had a sponsor years ago that wrote software for body shops to finally get reimbursed for all of the plastic push pins, rivets, and clips... then he sold all of the fasteners... nice guy, cool way for him to figure out a way to bill the insurance for it...

cortezmachine likes this.
  13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

True...some are bigger assholes than others. We should demand asshole equity.

14. Ua D

Ua D Active Member

I believe May 1st 2018 was the mandatory date. My 2017 transit didn’t come with one.

15. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

30 years experience doesn't mean shit if you're just repeating the first year over and over :D

16. BigBird

BigBird blah

I mean my autobody shop charging and hour to adjust the seats and steering wheel is kinda ridiculous. My car has memory seats!

Some of the crap the body shops throw in are just beyond ridiculous.

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

It takes innovative thought to come up with that scheme.

BigBird likes this.
  18. Johnny B

I
    I read about some woman who backed over her kid in her Escalade. She blamed the President because he delayed implementation of the law about a year.

19. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

President Camacho?

20. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

I've dealt with this so much in my career... "'I've been doing this since before you were born, kid!"

" COOL MAN tell me more about how much you hate your wife/life."

ducnut likes this.