1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any racers in Okinawa?

Discussion in 'General' started by Zanyeights, Jul 9, 2005.

1. R Hood

R Hood Go NG Bulldogs

Hey Ryan, last October Ted went to Japan with Schwantz. They did a School at the Suzuki test track. If you want, I can ask him if he could get you in touch with some English speaking locals?

2. Zanyeights

Zanyeights Well-Known Member

That's a great a idea...but let me get settled in. Besides that, I am over on the island a few hundred miles south of the mainland. What I would rather do, is go over and participate in one of their trackdays when Ted is in town.

Keep me posted. My email will be the same for years.

Thanks Richard.

When I get back I will be close to 40...so we need to get an old guys endurance team together. We always need a good rider who is into marketing and PR...no matter what kind it is...you will be my guy Richard!!

[email protected]

3. skillets

skillets Gunnin' for terrance

Isnt there a big ass storm coming that way

4. Zanyeights

Yep...just finished pulling down the awning and getting everything buttoned down for the Typhoon. Should be here Labor Day afternoon.

I am not too worried. I rode Ivan out last year in Pensacola so I have a little experience with these things and this place is built like a brick shithouse. All the utilities are underground and everything is built to go through these storms. Concrete building and poles. Shouldn't be a big deal.

Will keep you updated.

5. skillets

skillets Gunnin' for terrance

Yo buddy have you been watching the news lately??? You shouldnt mess with mother nature!!! If I were you I would be long gone. They are saying this is going to be a class 5 storm. I read they evacuated 600,000 people. Hurricane katrina did a number on the gulf coast and they say this is worse. Im just looking out for ya. Good luck my thoughts and prayers are with ya

6. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Hmm, yeah, doesn't look too good for my birthplace. Good luck to everyone there.

[​IMG]

That's one hell of an eye for sure.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2005
  7. Zanyeights

I appreciate the concern. Unfortunately, The USMC doesn't give us the option to get off the island.

We'll make if ok. I will post progress through the actual storm as in most cases the power and the net never go down. I can rate it against Ivan from last year.

8. shakenbake

shakenbake Looking for my Burrow Owl

You'll be fine

I weathered several typhoons out there.

Just make sure you get to the class 6 before they sell out of beer.

I was there for a big one that destroyed the Kadena Marina, rolled busses on to the flight line. Next day everything was back to normal.

That place is built to handle the storms, not like FLA USA.

9. Zanyeights

We are good to go for hurricance supplies :)

10. BrownMS

BrownMS Well-Known Member

Hello there. My husband, Bob, was with WERA for a season. We live in Okinawa and had no idea about road racing. He still has his bike but does not ride it much. Maybe you can give him a call at 646-5283 and chit chat. Maybe you already know him. If you could give him a typhoon call...not like you can do much else. Well, you can but he is home all alone...
    How old are your kids? Have a two year old who loves "vroom vrooms" but will not go near one.

Stay safe.

11. Zanyeights

I have a 2 and a 6 year old. I took his number down and will give him a call. The storm wasn't that bad at all just windy. The eye passed about 175 miles north.