1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rossi to F1!

Discussion in 'General' started by AZ-MilleR, Aug 31, 2005.

1. AZ-MilleR

AZ-MilleR Well-Known Member

There has been lots of talk especially after his second test, but this article says there is a contract behind it.

Link

2. DDD570

DDD570 Guest

the last line of that article says it all.

i'll believe it when he shows up on the grid for a race.

3. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

:stupid:

4. RGV 500

RGV 500 OLD, but still FAST

If he did go to F1 (I'd bet big $$$ against it) why would he go to Ferrari ??

They are not even a top 5 team at the moment and its going to get worse the next few years ??

This is Rory Byrne's last year. He is the chief designer and has been for the duration of the huge success. You don't just 'plug in the next guy' and have immediate success.

Ross Brawn and Jean Todt both have the end of '06 as the expiration of their current contract, as does some mid-pack driver named Schumacher.

I don't think Rossi is stupid enough to leave being the biggest (and FATTEST, in terms of his pay packet) fish in the relatively small pond just out of 'curiosity' regarding F1, while earning more than all but the top 2 or 3 drivers. I just don't see it happening.

If Rossi can bank $25M/year for the next 4 or 5 years....he won't have to worry about his kids or grandkids ever having to work.

Aside from that, the last time he was interviewed on the subject, he flatly denied that it is anything other than a 'sideline' to him to test the Ferrari.

5. Sunny

Sunny Banned

I am pretty sure that he already has enough that he doesn't have to worry about his kids and grandkids.

6. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

I thought he was the one pissed because golfers make more than he does.

7. 45° Please

45° Please Large Member

Like that source, the article is just giving Gibernau some false hope of winning a season. :D

8. 3wfab

3wfab Mr. Tsongas to you..

Re: Re: Rossi to F1!

:Poke: zing!

9. guerrilla

guerrilla Real King of the Jungle

Re: Re: Rossi to F1!

10. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

11. So I am Valentino Rossi, I win six championships, and maybe I have this opportunity. So this is my advantage, no?”

what a quote:clap:

12. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Rossi calls B.S.

Link

13. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Nope that was Hodgsen.

14. packfan

packfan El Presidente

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

$25M is chump change to the top F1 deivers. Why settle for only $25M when he can make double that each year?

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Schumacher is the only one I know of. Who else makes that kind of cash? Even Alonso's 2007 McLaren deal is reported to be less than that.

17. mike_rbm

mike_rbm Still paying for it.

I'll belive it when I see it.

18. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster Radical Freedom Fighter