Laguna Pre Entry

Discussion in 'General' started by TRK, Jun 19, 2005.

1. TRK

TRK Well-Known Member

Sure was nice of them to change the deadline, while my pre-entry is in the mail. And yes I have points.....................

2. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

That's a bummer.

Could have been worse, though. They could have waited until the day of the race.....

3. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

They would never do that... never....really....

4. TRK

TRK Well-Known Member

how would that matter.
    They had a pre entry deadline of the 24th.
    If you have pionts you get on the grid.
    I sent it in on time.
    Then am told they are just going to stop taking entries....Nice

Laguna is and always has been pre-entry only.

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

Having points does not automatically qualify you as having a grid spot.

PRE-Entry Acknowledgement: Deposit of your check/credit card charge does not indicate acceptance of entry.

Entries will be limited to 60 riders per class. Riders that have scored points prior to the entry due date during the 05 season will be selected in the order of their standing.

Don’t blame the AMA. This is driven by Moto GP.

6. TRK

TRK Well-Known Member

WTF
    What do you mean don't blame the AMA
    They stated pre entries are due by the 24th and they had set a criteria for riders to make the grid. If I don't/didnt make it based on the rules they set.......fine. But to just throw out CLOSED without any heads up is BS when my pre entry was in the mail on the 16th.

7. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

According to this press release...

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=23203

(which was posted on 6/17)

“We announced on June 10 that we would be limiting entries due to much greater space constraints than anticipated at the Laguna Seca facility,” said Ron Barrick, Road Race Series Manager for AMA Pro Racing.

I'm sorry, but after reading an announcement like that (back on the 10th) and knowing the event would be huge due to MotoGP, you should have sent your pre-entry right after reading that announcement, if not sooner.

Barrick goes on to say...

“As of today, we’ve received more entries than we can accommodate so there’s no sense in keeping it open.”

You mailed yours on the 16th and this announcement was on the 17th so there really is nothing you can do, as even if they received your pre-entry before the original date of the 24th the entries would still be full.

I know you're pissed about it, but the way I see it, it's your own fault for procrastinating. :Poke:

:D

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Look at it this way - they are filling the grids in order of entries received. That's the way we all do it. Once a grid is full the res tof the fees are refunded and that's it.

So rather than taking your entry and telling you at the event it's full and sending you home they are letting people know ahead of time. They are also letting other riders know it's full so they don't waste their time sending in entries. Yep, what a bunch of assholes taking care of their riders like that. The bastards!

9. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

10. TRK

TRK Well-Known Member

Just pissed cause it was points............then order of entry. If I don't have the points so be it. Ah well, maybe I will just go enjoy the show. Just pissed is all

11. witchdoctor

witchdoctor Member

To correct you TRK .... They were unaware at the announcement of GP coming here on the space factor... so receantly AMA called all the riders in the top 20 of point standings, and asked if they would be thereso they could grid accordingly, because of the limited space, and after the top 20 are entered, then they started adding to the grid based on when you sent in your pre entry forms, so if you had points, which your saying you do and that its so important for you not to miss... (your obviously not top 20) so then you sent your pre entry form in too late, and so thats why you didn't make the show, and thats how it should always be, (based on points) in my opinion someone with no other points in AMA should not be allowed to even go try out and make the grid and take up space, just so they can get their 5 seconds on SPEED.....

regardless you should have known GP would be huge and pre entered at the begining of the season.....

I know all this because i made the grid based on my points ;) Quit whining....

Last edited: Jun 19, 2005
  12. G 97

G 97 Garth

:beer: :up:

13. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

You think your pissed now, wait until you get there and find out the privateer pit spaces are in Englewood.:D

It is going to be real tight.

14. marshall92

marshall92 Keith D. Marshall

I think they did it fairly.

AMA Pro racing called everybody that was doing well in the points standings and let them know they were closing the Pre-entries early.

I am not doing the west coast rounds and have missed three rounds to this point and I got called. I know another person that was called also.

Sorry you are out of luck, but I think they did it pretty decently, too bad they had to change it at all.

Here is a suggestion for you... Forget mail, use a fax. :)

Keith D. Marshall