1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sad News

Discussion in 'General' started by JLG, Apr 26, 2005.

1. JLG

JLG Well-Known Member

Sad news brings me to this post; the racing community has lost a good person, friend, husband, and race official. Jim Tribou has passed away. He will be dearly missed by his friends and family. Please keep his wife, Diane, in your prayers and thoughts.

God Speed Jim!

There will be a memorial service on Tuesday, May 3rd at 2:00 pm. The address is:

The Morrissette Funeral Home
    6500 Iron Bridge Road
    Richmond, VA 23234
    (804)275-7828

In lieu of flowers, Diane would like to have contributions sent to the TSR Injured Riders Fund at 120 Kale Ave, Sterling VA, 20164. Paypal donations are also accepted via [email protected]

2. LAR

LAR Well-Known Member

Diane, You are in our thoughts and prayers at this time. This is very sad news. :( Jim was very giving to the racing community and everyone in it. He will be missed. If you need anything, please let us know.

3. wera 688

wera 688 in the mosh pit

What?? More details please. Jim was a good man in the racing community. I think he even raced at Macau in the late 80s.

He was married to Jonathan Parkes (nov #5) mother Diane.

Kith

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He built the Virginia Breeze bikes that Glen Szarek rode in Macau among a long list of other accomplishments.

No details right now but he was having some health problems.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Damn! I remember Jim from the old days and just thought of him the other day.

My best to his family in their time of grief.

6. JLG

JLG Well-Known Member

In the past few months, Jim had been having seizures and had been choppered to an advanced hospital twice for treatment and surgery. Best that we know right now is that Jim died from an aneurism.

Jennilynne

Thanks Mongo fo the Stick!

7. SBKBee

SBKBee Owner: FZ hotel

Godspeed friend Jim. He was a potent force on his GS1000 and FZ750. Held a lap record at Summit for a while And a dominant force on Speedboys, Genesis, Kayo, and Virginia Breeze. He was always so happy at the track especially when having "Team Hammer and Eggs" as he called them for breakfast at the 24 hour. I was proud to have him ride my motors. You'll be missed.

8. MR-MICROPHONE

MR-MICROPHONE Breakin' the Law!!

I heard about this on Sunday while loading up to leave Barber. Sad news indeed.

Diane and family, sorry for your loss. :(

GODSPEED JIM

9. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

:( God Speed :(

10. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

god speed jim!

it was always a pleasure working with you! You were such a great source of new information, we will miss you dearly!

11. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Godspeed Jim, and prayers for your family. :(

12. Sixx22

Sixx22 Well-Known Member

Godspeed...........

13. INXS650

INXS650 New Member

:rock: I had the chance to work with Jim for about ten years. I learned most of what I know from him. He was one heck of a bike tech. he always pushed the limits,with hp and attitude. I never knew a more dedicated person to the sport. He use to yell at me because I didnt get an ama card and said....Dont come cryin to me when you dont have anywhere to ride that dirty bike he called it. We got our honda training together and that was a hoot! I will miss him. :(
    John Harmon

14. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Godspeed:(

We send our thoughts and prayers to you.

Stick, Honey & Kids

15. lfleming_77

lfleming_77 to punish and enslave

Godspeed Jim you will be missed. We send you prayers Diane

Luther and Kisha

16. paul

paul just fast enough

Godspeed Jim,,,I'm thinking about you Diane and Jennifer..

17. slclark65

slclark65 Well-Known Member

Goodspeed Jim. If it wasn't for Jim I would of never become an Official. Diane, you and your families are in my thoughts and prayers.

18. aresixinit

aresixinit Well-Known Member

In our thoughts and prayers.

19. Slick228

Slick228 I dropped oil there, too.

Godspeed Jim.

20. Laurie Acree

Laurie Acree Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry Diane. I am praying for you.