1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Suffer from Motion Sickness?

Discussion in 'General' started by hank748, Apr 4, 2005.

1. hank748

hank748 Well-Known Member

On tracks with a lot of elevation changes (VIR Patriot), does anyone ever suffer from motion sickness?

There is a "less drowsy" formula Dramamine, but I prefer to avoid ANYTHING that causes me to be less than 100%....

Any recommendations would be appreciated!

2. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

The Patriot course was designed with go-carts in mind. That said, I don't think you'll find a cure for that. Try altering your diet beforehand. I don't think it's a good idea to get medicated before getting on the track.

Unless it's crack of course.:D

3. Harp

Harp Well-Known Member

There are some homeopathic remedies out for relieving motion sickness. I tried a chewable tablet and wrist bands that supposedly push on a particular nerve. Did it work? Not sure, but I didn't :Puke: so I'm happy.

4. SOFG

SOFG Well-Known Member

I've seen those crazy wrist bands with the crome ballbearings work on a lady who was sick on a sailboat. Never saw anyone get better before getting off the boat before. Try them.

5. darkside

darkside Well-Known Member

ginger is a good natural substance. I guess i have just taken dramamine for so long that I don't get the side affects but it still works so I don't get sick.

I've tried the seabands, didn't work for me. Scapalomine works well but it's perscribed and it's an ear patch.

6. JLG

JLG Well-Known Member

These seabands work great! I used them on a cruise but have recently used them in flight and in a car. Got mine at Wal-mart.

7. RFairbairn

RFairbairn Well-Known Member

8. tcasby

tcasby Banned

Amazing how powerful the placebo effect is. :rolleyes: :D