1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blacklist Numbers to Prevent Drunken Dialing

Discussion in 'General' started by Robert, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

Virgin Mobile is aiming to prevent drunken dialing in Australia by providing a way to blacklist numbers so that they can't be called until 6AM. According to a survey by the company, over 95 percent of drinkers make phone calls after imbibing, with 30 percent of calls going to the most dreaded of recipients: ex-partners.

Sounds like a great step to add into the break up routine. Slam door, blacklist SO's phone number while highlighting the numbers of their cute friends, get pissed. It would be replacing my previous Step 2, 'set self aflame.'

:D

From www.gizmodo.com

2. Brian129

Brian129 Too many projects

yeah thats all great and all, but how do you keep yourself from drunk dialing your parents!!:eek:

Not Me, but a guy on my hall here at tech, it was fun to laugh at him!!!;) :D :beer: :beer:

3. workerant

workerant Ride to work.

<== Virgin Mobile user

Now if only they'd implement this here in the US. I don't drink and phone, but some asshat called me at 12:30 last night looking for "Tina". :mad:

4. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Easy solution:

"Sorry, but Tina has her mouth full right now, if you know what I mean......", moan, and hang up. :D

5. My phone needs a breathalizer. I made a couple last night.

6. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

Thomas, are you reading this?! Nine out of ten calls I get from him are around 2am, and beer is always involved. :D :p

7. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

What kind of idiot gets ripped then calls every number in his cell?
    Don't answer that Chip!

8. Breathalizer on the computer would not be a bad idea either.

9. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

That's from a Danny Devito movie. i forget the title but it was a classic scene...

Devito picked up the phone and said

"Tina can't speak right now because I have my dick in her mouth. But I'll get her to call you when I'm finished."

Then the punchline... He hung, turned to his friend and said

"I LOVE wrong numbers!!"

:D :D

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Drunk dialing can allow you to make amazing discoveries. Like you can make phone calls from some New York City subway stations.

11. P and E Racing

P and E Racing Well-Known Member

LMAO!! :D

12. workerant

workerant Ride to work.

Does the fact that I'm a woman make this funnier? :beer:

13. bent

bent Well-Known Member

WHAT THIS P AND E SHIT CHERRYPICKER?

14. P and E Racing

P and E Racing Well-Known Member

Left ya a message on your phone beyotch! P is for Peyton and E is for Evan, my two sons. The racing part I probably don't do it enough to have it in the name.;) I am trying to find out if I will be a yellow plater again. I want white ones if they let me. I can already hear all your bitching about me cherrypicking if they don't.:p :D

15. gixserman

gixserman Well-Known Member

That was great.
    Movie = Ruthless people