Bitten by the Beaver!

Discussion in 'General' started by northernyamaboy, Aug 9, 2004.

1. T.J. Smith

T.J. Smith Active Member

Scott, heal fast and come back to the fray, it won't be the same without you. I mean who else has enough class to wave while lapping me in the Solo 20 race, certainly not our buddy Terrance!

Best Wishes.
    T.J.

2. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

no i'll just turn off the key!:D

3. rev395

rev395 head carpetbagger

Scott,

I know that it must suck to be sidelined, but I am sure sitting back right now will make you wanna come back out here next year get up in the mix again(specially cuz terrance will talk smack till ya do). and best wishes for a full/speedy recovery....

4. Barnett#83

Barnett#83 Well-Known Member

Brant and i wish you a fast recovery. We look forward to sharing a grid with you again.Remember america has the most docters per racer than any other country and injurys heel and glory last forever.Get well soon!

5. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

oh scott, you're such a puss....you'll do anything for a little attention, won't you.

by the way, for those of you that didn't see or haven't heard....it was a spectacular 'nicky-hayden-style-backin-it-in-move' before he crashed....

i meant it at the track when i told you we're gonna duct tape your hands to that little scooter of yours, cut off the brake lever, zip tie the throttle open, and push you on down the hill....there....you're back racin'

by the way....with both hands hurtin'.......................how are you.............aw forget it.

hope to at least see you around at the track or around here on the bbs. really appreciated meeting you this year. (even after you called me the 'bastard of the bbs'). learned alot from you and always looked forward to seeing you at each event.

was nice meeting your wife, and was glad you had someone there with you at the hospital.

good luck with the surgeries, keep in touch.

6. jeffrop

jeffrop Well-Known Member

So can I have your bikes?? :moon: :p

7. mizter1

mizter1 Mizter1

I'll buy the 03!!!!

8. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Scott,

If you need anything, let me know.

Get better soon.

9. BiZ

BiZ a matter of weight ratios

Don't sweat it brother!!! I pulverized my wrist in a similiar manner a few years ago. It took 4 pins several inches in length, and a bone graft from my elbow to make it work again. I only have about 60% mobility in it, but it works more then good enough for handlebar duty.

You'll be back, just take it slow, and keep moving your fingers!!! The doctor said I was gonna be in a cast for 6 months. So I just drank alot of milk, and took calcium supplements, and used a "magnetic bone healer" (don't laugh!). I was in a half cast and riding in about a month, and totally free in about 2.5 months. The rehab is the worst part for sure. The more you keep them fingers, especially the thumb, moving and flexible the easier it'll be. At least it was for me...

Not to sound all new wavey, but try to think positive brother! You can't believe how much it helps. I'll show ya my scars some time. They'll blow your mind. Chicks dig 'em too :p

10. northernyamaboy

northernyamaboy Yo Terrance! You're slow!

Well, met with the trauma surgeon in Buffalo today. New hardware is on the way. Pins, plate, and possible rod in the left wrist, with just pins in the right hand. Go under the knife sometime Thursday afternoon. What really sucks is that the Doc will not even letting be drive now for about 3-4 weeks. Not that it was bad enough to only have four working fingers. Luckily, I have a great wife.

Again, just wanted to thank everyone for you posts, phone calls, etc. Good luck to all of you the rest of the season. Be safe and race hard. I’m planning on trolling through the pits at the GNF. So if anyone needs a one armed pit-bitch, I’m your man.
    :D :beer:

11. novice201

novice201 "I'm a robot chicken!"

Hey Scott, last time I looked I was gonna offer congrats after seeing you post a win and now this. Crap! Stay tough and try to be positive, do what the docs tell ya and get well soon. Looking forward the the next "one finger salute". I've already got a retort lined up for ya..... :D

ok, not REALLY looking forward to the salute, that's a lie. Best wishes all the same.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2004