1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bridgestone help!?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by fzrkidd, Apr 21, 2024.

1. fzrkidd

fzrkidd Well-Known Member

Never have run Bridgestones and I’m at a very cold Grattan Raceway and I’m struggling! Temp is between 45-55 today and sunny. Yesterday was worse, lol. I’m riding an FZR400 Superbike: the front is a 120/605R17 - V02F Soft and the rear is a 165/630R (can’t find a compound)
    Can you give me some advice???

2. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

My notes are old, 2012 to 2017... in those temps I was aiming for 31F/28R off warmers on my FZR, and my laptimes weren't that spectacular at the time.

fzrkidd likes this.
  3. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

We ran 28f-26r on our FZRs with the Bridgestones, fairly consistently. Even that chilly November Summit round a few years ago.

fzrkidd likes this.
  4. fzrkidd

Thank you both! I was almost there yesterday, may drop another pound or so and go with it!

5. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Give Joe at Turn One Racing a call. He sells Bridgestones trackside in the midwest and can help you with pressures for specific conditions.

fzrkidd likes this.
  6. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Updates? How’d you make out?

7. fzrkidd

After getting advice from several different people, anywhere from 34-21 on the front, and 30-24 in the rear, I ended up at 28-26 and seemed to have a pretty successful day! Obviously, it was cold and windy, and the track never really heated up, but I was able to push and knock some rust off myself and give a new bike a proper shakedown!

britx303 and Kurlon like this.
  8. No Brakes

No Brakes Well-Known Member

I always ran 33/26 on that bike. +/- 1psi due to temps. Rear tire should be YCY which is Medium compound for Bstone. YCX - Soft.

fzrkidd likes this.
  9. fzrkidd

Thanks for the info!! Just to clarify are those hot or cold pressures?

10. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

In my testing, the front needs to be at 37+ hot. Below that, the tire gets cooler every lap and starts to roll under in long turns. 26 in the rear works for most everyone.

TurboBlew likes this.
  11. No Brakes

No Brakes Well-Known Member

Those were hot pressures, off the warmers. Of course, Stickboy just recommended the front should be 37+ hot.

fzrkidd likes this.