1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lacrosse Team Fundraiser

Discussion in 'General' started by Jed, Apr 18, 2024.

1. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Mods, kill it if you'd like to.

I'm curious how much money can be raised outside of the parent and family realm for fundraisers. My team is doing their annual one and has so far raised about 3k.

Would any of you ATL area bidnez owner types be up for sponsoring the team in exchange for a banner? It's North Atlanta High School. And honestly, the most traffic would be the track and football kids seeing the banners every day. Spectator turnout for girls lax isn't huge unfortunately.

And for you super altruistic types looking for tax write offs:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/boost-na...m_campaign=p_email+1137-update-supporters-v5b

:D

2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Not much, unfortunately. As you know, we depend on parent's generosity.

We had the most success with Cup Club. All we did was but some cheap aluminum cups with a lid and our logo on them. They're actually horrible cups but we paid $5 each for them and sold them for $30/EA or $50/2. All we did was start Cup Club ($0) on a whim and we sold 130 of them like nobody's business. We coupled that with different places around town to give $2 full ups (restrictions apply) for the cups and then we hold a CC event whenever we feel like it and the parents flock to get together. Win/win

Jed likes this.
  3. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

OP, I was at a game at Lambert this week, and their dude in the box was constantly pimping a variety of local businesses at every possible break, music in the background, offering discounts if you mentioned the school on certain days, etc. There were banners everywhere, too. It was actually really well done; you could tell they were organized. You might be able to sell better to local businesses if you can quantify number of mentions, total time dedicated to ads, arrange discounts that correlate with attendance.

4. Jed

Jed mellifluous

The Cup Club is a good idea. I keep pushing for an online team swag shop through Boathouse or another vendor, but the current parent in charge of that prefers to just order extra items and sell them at the gate to limited success.

Sponsoring company-wise, we have a parent that handles that side with local companies. He's gotten a shed dubbed the 'Dub Shack' from a local Ace to keep our game day field gear, and he mentions all the sponsors before the games. He'll be missed next year.

I did manage to pull some bucks from some highschool and college friends via a random facetoobs post. One is married to a former college lacrosse coach. She coached at the same school for 20+ years and he's a law partner so I'm thankful that he knows the sport and how shoestring it can be.

Lambert is 7A and it looks like they're doing pretty well. I am surprised Milton has 4 losses. They must have lost some serious talent last year. We're first in 5-6A Region 1 so we have a good shot at winning the first round of playoffs.

Mostly our funds go to reducing dues for players and paying the other two non-school employee coaches. I do coach for free. We have four coaches right now which has made a world of difference in bringing up the skill of JV players while letting varsity focus on advanced play.

We did fund a clinic before tryouts this season. Two days and open to all players. I'd like to do some more of those and subsidize dues more. I know we have a few players on scholarships and I would love it for use to reduce costs and also buy a pool of medium-priced school sticks. Right now the kids who show up with very basic ones tend to try out other players' sticks, or my spares. Three kids ended up using mine for the season. Another thing that's a personal hill to die on for me is a job box for the practice field to keep our balls and practice gear separated from the boys. The boy's coach mixes his stuff with club programs, moves ours to other locations, and leaves the box in a state of utter chaos each day. Great buy, but it drives me crazy.

tiggen likes this.
  5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I've stayed away from the fundraising side because we have some people who have done it for years and they are great at it. The boosters are damn good at the school.

ours dues are low and the sheer amount of stuff the girls get far exceeds what they pay.

Sponsors get a lot for their cash here. Their logo is on the back of three of the shirts both JV and varsity get, they can opt for banners at the stadium (most do) and get shout outs at the home games at end of quarters, during time outs and the half.

There are multiple levels of sponsorship and cash needed to get involved.

Jed likes this.
  6. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

We have a team dad that owns an apparel shop and we just killed it on swag too. ~$4,000

We typically hold Cup Club events after a practice so people are more inclined to come out. We all know if you're a sports parent, you either eat dinner at 4:00 or 9:00. Lol

We currently have a really good group of folks who love to be involved. We have 3 sisters who came onboard about 18 months ago. All 3 played D1. One at JMU (attack) and the other two (attack and goalie at Temple. One is now our HS coach with the other two helping. With the one being a goalie, we're getting on point there too. Two of them also coach K-2. After years of being shit on by the old HS girls coach, the girls are finally enjoying some reciprocity and getting the perks they deserve. Turf time, their pick of grass fields. Both for practice and games.

The sisters coming on has just opened the flood gates for us and they love fundraising too!

Stick raffles are good. You can bring a decent girls stick for $300-350 and raise $1,000?

Super Bowl squares were a hit too. $1,500 for a few FB posts.

We do a lot of dine to donates too.

It all adds up.

For clarity, our K-8 is Milford Lacrosse Foundation, and then HS obviously being a Milford Athletics program. Two separate entities, but we feed the HS program so the reciprocity should've been in place long ago and it just wasn't. I've been on the BOD for 4 years now, and this season is light years ahead of anywhere we've ever been.

Jed likes this.
  7. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I hate to be Debbie Downer here, but this high school of all places shouldn't be begging for dollars from an unassociated group of folks.

I say team member parents give up your daily cup of *$, and you can buy sticks made out of gold. It's not like The Poors get to send their kids here.

upload_2024-4-20_0-54-19.png

upload_2024-4-20_0-56-24.png