1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suzuki GSX-R RECALL: front brake master cylinder

Discussion in 'General' started by vonstallin, Oct 16, 2013.

1. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

2. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

"A jury previously determined that Mr. Winckler's incident was not caused by a defectively designed or manufactured brake system."

I'm wondering what happened and what they based that off e.g. CCTV of tank slapping wheelies

3. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

In early filings by Suzuki's attorneys in 2014 and 2015, their motions stated the corporation was not the manufacturer, designer, distributor, seller or warrantor of that specific 2007 GSX-R1000 that crashed.

The wholesale distributor of that particular motorcycle was dissolved in a bankruptcy proceeding before the accident. Suzuki purchased assets and business operations from the distributor "but specifically did not assume product liability or any responsibility for this personal injury lawsuit," one of the motions states.

Lawyers doing lawyer things...

But, I have no idea of the circumstances leading to the incident, or who (if anyone) should be held accountable.

4. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

On another note, this could give some legal justification for those wanting to use Brembo master cylinders on their racebikes...

:D:Poke::Pop:

Jed likes this.
  5. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Didn’t Peterbilt try that argument with the defective electronic dashboards emblazoned with their name?

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

That's kind of what happened with me. I have an 05 1000 and and 06 600. I ditched both MC's for Brembo's long before the recall ever happened. When I went to my local dealership I just brought them the old Nissin MC's that had been sitting on my shelf for however many years and they gave me two new/updated ones that are now taking their place on my shelf collecting dust :D

SpeedyE likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope, recall should have been done LONG before now.

Steeltoe likes this.
  8. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

The Moon

We landed on it

9. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Dang! Here to see if the recall went back to 1986...

10. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

There's an 8 yr old front MC recall on my '16 Tuono. Maybe I should look into getting that done. :cool: