1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Liberty Media Purchases MotoGP

Discussion in 'General' started by Critter, Apr 2, 2024.

1. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Biggest change I saw when Liberty took over F1 was they were out to make the series not a very well-kept secret.

That meant, not removing every clip of F1 on the internet under the copyright claims, posting (timely) race recaps instead of paywalling everything, and for better or worse, forcing all drivers to have facetime on camera.

Liberty seems to understand that the series as a whole is worth more than just $99/yr streaming subscriptions and that growing the series means reaching new people, while Dorna was trying to sell subs to the same 100 people every year.

5axis, Steeltoe and gixxerboy55 like this.
  2. Critter

Critter Registered

They have a new customer race truck coming and I have heard they might have a factory effort

3. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I’ll see if my guys know anything… TRD built components and sells/supplies them afaik… they farm out all the teams though… from IMSA Lexus, to Nascar Engine programs, to top fuel, to baja etc… Mr Toyoda did buy enough houses in his area around Plano TX to bulldoze them and build a road race track around his personal house so who knows… I’ve hung with him at Indy but it was over a decade ago now…

4. Critter

Critter Registered

I bet they are outsourcing it and I would like a shot at it we have a 3 truck team we are running now

5. 27

27 Well-Known Member

My number is the same as when we met decades ago… or PM me