1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommend windshield wipers

Discussion in 'General' started by L8 Braker, Apr 11, 2024.

1. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

I am frugal, like really frugal. But one thing I have learned is to not fuck with RainX or any other BS. Just buy OEM and be done with it. OEM work so much better and they arent that much more expensive. Plus you dont have to figure out what f-ing adapter you have to use to put them on. OEM. Period. How often you replace them is up to you. Mine go 2 years without issue.

2. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Rain-X here too. So nice not having the use the wipers as much (sometimes not at all) because the water beads right off.

Hondo likes this.
  3. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

My last 6 years not 6 months :). I just take them off and keep inside the car, put on only when needed which is maybe once a year.

4. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

6 months? Wow. Mine go years, eventually the rubber starts to tear and a few months later I’ll think about changing them.

5. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Sounds like you guys claim to know Chemistry when having only studied Spanish Language Pr0n.

@ChemGuy is hereby charged with plagiarism. @Once a Wanker.. gets a name change to @Still a Wanker ..

https://www.reddit.com/r/funny/comments/4ujx4d/the_chemical_composition_of_a_latina_orgasm/

upload_2024-4-12_0-50-24.png

ChemGuy likes this.
  6. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I only use rainx blades in Florida. They do the best with our humid mornings.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  7. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Is it me or does rain-x not work like it used to? I remember it being amazing back when I was a kid but tried it again recently and it was nothing special.

I use this stuff and it really improved the performance of my wipers. I usually use Bosch wipers. I drive a shit ton and they hold up really well.
    [​IMG]

BigBird and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I Rain-X every piece of glass on the car including the mirrors. Part of my wheels off wash process. I get great life out of it as we don't drive a ton and our stuff is always parked indoors. When done well there is very little reason to ever turn the wipers on. I do still clean the blades after being driven in the rain however.

CBRRRRR999 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  9. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Why must you repeatedly bring your chemistry logic bullshyt to the beeb? Most beebers dont beleive in science! Science, like the dungeon, no longer exist in this realm! :rolleyes:

ChemGuy and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  10. BigBird

BigBird blah

Used to use rainX, but when I ceramic coat a car, i just put it on the glass and it works as well I feel as RainX does

on Wiper Blades, I tried all the expensive ones and OEM works the best (at least with non-Murica cars).

TurboBlew and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  11. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

RainX wipers, window treatment and fluid additive.
    Tried all kinds of stuff from newspapers to wax and ceramics on my boat as it get a shitload of spray in addition to rain, went back to RainX. YMMV

12. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

This sounds so familiar..... :crackup:

CBRRRRR999 and BigBird like this.
  13. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

So what wiper brand do you prefer to use when you cross your state line, leaving Florida for a neighboring state?

I have found the Rain-x 'two in one' window cleaner / treatment spray bottle formula is not as effective and doesn't last as as the original formula sold in the small 3.5 oz. flip-cap bottles that have been around forever.

I've always been dubious of the washer fluid additive's effectiveness, but I'm still using up what I bought a while ago. I'll give this stuff a try one day.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  14. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Yeah I had noticed when I bought a couple different German vehicles over the years the spray would foam a bit as it came out and I was always amazed how well it worked. So I did some research and this was supposedly the stuff they use. It's been a few years but I'd say a bottle of this lasts me a couple years and it worked well enough I think I just got my 3rd bottle of it.

15. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Oem when I go to Georgia and North.