1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 R6 Instrument Cluster

Discussion in 'Tech' started by TGRIFF, Apr 4, 2024.

1. TGRIFF

TGRIFF Active Member

Looking for some help with the instrument cluster on a 2019 R6.

Installed a new instrument cluster on a 2019 R6 and the indications aren’t quite right. The temperature displays where the speed should be. The bike has a GYTR harness, any help greatly appreciated.
    IMG_0338.jpeg

2. rpm894

rpm894 Well-Known Member

I have no idea if that's normal, but it seems like a feature, not a bug. I'd rather have the temperature be easier to see; the speedometer is useless.

3. TGRIFF

TGRIFF Active Member

Thank you for the feedback.

4. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

That's what the kit box and harness is supposed to do. Although, I don't think I've ever seen it displayed in ºF, only ºC. Never tried to switch it, though. What's the part number on the ECU? If it's not BN6-8591A-A1, you've got some sort of flash that's replicating the YEC box and working with the kit harness.

5. ibidu1

ibidu1 Well-Known Member

Maybe the issue is European spec vs US spec? Because my R6 is European spec, and there are differences in the stock bikes. Like for instance the right hand side bar/kill switch controls, Europe spec I think its the same as the R1 (menus the menu wheel), while the US is like the previous generation.

6. metricdevilmoto

There's only one kit box and harness. No Euro or US spec. Every kit box I've ever seen in the US reads ºC. And the kit harness was designed to work with the Euro right side switches. (That was fun figuring out when we built our first 17 that the harness was pinned out to work with button configuration that wasn't available in our country.)

7. TGRIFF

TGRIFF Active Member

Thanks for the feedback, just wanted to make sure I didn't screw something up. I also got a answer from Attack confirming this is the correct display. I am able to switch between ºF and ºC using the select button.

8. metricdevilmoto

Huh. Learn something new every day. :beer: