Daniel Carcillo Psilocybin Concussion Therapy Webcast

Discussion in 'General' started by 27, Mar 31, 2024.

1. 27

27 Well-Known Member

and damn Rob @Boman Forklift … you’re really so busy you can’t take the bait a little? I didn’t even get into our normal R&R Forever and our entire Dude schtict that I know you don’t get and it makes me giggle all the more…

Seriously dude… I’m not any younger than the rest of you, by much anyway… and you’re one of the best guys in here… we’ve started most of our elders on a psilocybin therapy and have noticed positive gains… I know you and your parents have a special relationship that depends on long distance communications and reliving the drag racing and other memories of yesteryear… so consider getting well informed and taking a trip to IL to get your dad started and do the same for yourself… there is nothing to lose and no side affects…

I say that knowing all too well the pains of losing my favorite human to Alzheimer’s… we didn’t know then what we know now and went through all the useless Drs and all the bullshit “breakthrough” meds from big pharma and it was the worst thing ever… cancer suffering and and deaths are nothing in comparison imo… I’ve lived many of them…

So do some research and save those memories and remember those words and feel better man.

all my best man…

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I'm in the exact same position

3. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Motion, read what I just wrote to Rob… I’ve been there too fellas and my heart goes out to you… it’s not to the level of that old movie Cocoon with all the geriatric recoveries but they’ve all shown improvements. So please consider this as any improvement is a bonus of life I think.

The coolest one was a great racing friend of 30 years whose 82 year old dad fell and hit his head on the concrete steps… he then had a stroke from that and was limited to only 5 word vocabulary and his recovery was stagnant needing full time nursing/assistance. My buddy called and asked about what we were doing for our elders. He knew my 2014 concussion recovery story and knew me before my big 97 one knew my lifestyle and nearly everything about me…. One of my best friends…

so he started grinding them up and sprinkling them on his dad’s eggs in the morning like pepper… then he started to say more words in only a week… then sentences… then “remember when?” stories… they kept increasing the dosage and when his dad told him about a dream he had that was the most vivid and incredible dream ever that in all his years he’d never dreamed something so real and detailed… they knew he was back and they shared his last years of life with his full mental capabilities

things like that make it all worthwhile

Last edited: Apr 4, 2024
    tony 340, motion, wsmc42 and 3 others like this.
  4. John Branch

John Branch 90125

Back in 2002 had a friend lived in Belleville Tx . We rode XR100s there , he had 75 acres adjacent to in laws 1500 acre community of the rest of the family. I was out there one rainy October and just so happened to see shrooms everywhere! Needless to say a friend and I picked a huge garbage bag size.
    We had next day off to make some tea. Some other friends we’re coming over that have never done before, so we make a batch for us to see how strong they are. I have done some stuff in my :rock:life , but this batch of tea had me and my buddy living real live life Beavis and Butthead ! I shit you not, this was a 2?weeks after highside and broken arm and concussion

5. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

@wiggeywackyo mentioned Lions Mane so I googled it and it seems easily available and that peaked my interest. https://www.amazon.com/Lions-Mushro...5&psc=1&mcid=986ee1777df132829507fc0af30f7994

I was incorrectly thinking there was a place to buy this stuff, I guess mail order? I'm not into trying to find a supplier. I also won't go do a retreat, etc. The idea that I need to have someone around to monitor me, while on it, is not what I was looking for.

6. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

One understated benefit is chronic pain relief, primarily “nerve pain”, which I’ve always thought to be a funny term since all pain is nerve pain.

I’ll try to do the short version…

I went to a psilo retreat south of Mexico City. Day one we’re being picked up at the airport hotel. A guy in his 70s rolls up to the sprinter van in a wheelchair, and is helped into the transport with considerable effort. I felt terrible for the poor bastard because he winced at every bump. I later learned that he has had two spinal dislocations, one with a burst fracture. Surgeries kept his spinal cord intact but nerve impingements had him wheelchair bound.

He turned to psychedelics to help him process his future since his quality of life was… suboptimal.

Five grams later he’s walking gingerly with a cane. By day four, no cane. He was in tears telling me he never planned to walk again and had no idea the treatment could help in that way.

I still don’t know what the mechanism is and I don’t care. Somehow three days of intense psychedelics re-wired his pain receptors. Of all the things I’ve seen happen to people because of these substances, that was the most mind-blowing.

iagsxr, brex, 27 and 1 other person like this.
  7. 27

27 Well-Known Member

read the rest of my posts… I strongly disagree with the retreat style of treatment as a requirement… and nobody needs a babysitter for concussion treatment

don’t make me take you up on that invite to CA to get you started… seriously though done right you’ll never notice any initial effects

Boman Forklift likes this.
  8. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Also I understand a lot of people are anti retreat. I get it. I’ve seen the dark side of it and there are charlatans about.

If anyone is considering it and you don’t want to wind up at the wrong place, PM me. There’s a great spot in MX that’s science based and won’t make you do group sharing or force you to puke as a group. (That’s literally a thing. They called it “vomitivo”.) :rolleyes:

Wingnut and 27 like this.
  9. 27

27 Well-Known Member

dude I would absolutely lose my shit at a pukefest… I think anyone throwing up is hilarious even myself, although it’s only happened 4 times in my life…

so having the giggles anyway and everyone heaving would be so funny to me :D

IMG_3936.jpeg

JBraun likes this.
  10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You must have been one very clean baby.

11. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I don’t remember that obviously but something about the puking thing doesn’t happen to me… many times as a kid the entire family would get food poisoning and or the flu and I’d just laugh at them all throwing up… it’s still funny and it still pisses them off :D first time I was 13 then 17 then 26 then then 47… I still vividly remember them all so I guess it leaves a mark :crackup:

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I went from 1982 to 2003. First time I puked out of surgery, I did not understand what was happening.

27 likes this.
  13. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I've been researching it all winter and am definitely interested. But like Rob, I'm not gonna go to a retreat or buy it off the street. I'll give it another year or 2 of observation to see if it becomes a bit more "mainstream" before I possibly take the leap. I do appreciate your words!

27 likes this.
  14. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

I don't know much about all of this stuff but I find it intriguing. As I mentioned, I have listened to Shawn Ryan and some of his guests talk about what it has done for them.

I will say this about Lion's Mane... I read how Lion's Mane can help regrow nerves and helps the brain. I have some off and on nerve issue stemming from compression fracture of T3 back in 2011. I also have had severe headache from a reaction to the antibiotic Levoquin. I was given this for an infection about 3 years ago and 1 pill messed up my head for a couple days. Ever since then certain things might trigger that same kind of headache. I figured I would give the Lion's Mane a try. I bought a powder form at Sprouts market and took it per the recommendations. In less than a week's time, something funny happened. The tip of my pinky finger on my left hand, which has always had a dull feeling after grinding it into the asphalt in turn 3 at Willow, started to get prickly, tingly feeling like nerve growth. This was something I had not even considered before I started taking it. I have continued with it in more of an off/on basis. I notice when I am taking it, my head does feel clearer and my attitude is probably a little better.

skidooboy, Boman Forklift and 27 like this.