1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pit Bull needs your 20 year old pictures

Discussion in 'General' started by KrashBandit, Mar 29, 2024.

1. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Seeing all these pics with the newer style front stand, just how old is my OG unit?

2. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Still have the stands I bought for my YZF750 in 99. Front stand is the 2 piece type that mounts under the triple.

3. KrashBandit

KrashBandit The other guy at Pit Bull

The Standard Front(OG) came out in 1994. The Newfront(couldn't think of a better name, but the first one with the hinge for mechanical advantage) came out sometime in 2001-2002. Then the Hybrid Headlift(the one that can convert to forklift and/or dirt bike rear stand) came out in 2012. The OG Standard Front actually gave the most clearance around the front of the bike, so it's very handy to have. The Newfront was wider than the new Hybrid Headlift so it gave increased clearance around the forks, but the majority of customers wanted a Headlift that could convert to a Forklift, so that's why the 2012 update happened.

You can still use the OG Forklift Converter(from '97 but still sold today) in conjunction with the Hybrid Forklift to have tons of clearance around the forks if that's your preference. The stand geometry is different than when you use the Headlift so there's no stand tube anywhere near the front axle.

TurboBlew and Kurlon like this.
  4. KrashBandit

G Dawg likes this.
  5. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

There's one

Attached Files:

Sabre699 likes this.
  6. KrashBandit

Awesome, thanks.

7. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

first ever race weekend, Homestead FL, CCS. The ol' trusty honda 600F4 with pitbull stands
    March 2003

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

JenningsGP track day before i was racin, me on my honda F4 and my buddy Jeff Marsh on his R6
    NOVEMBER 2002 ! ! 22 yrs ago :) Both of us on PitBull stands .

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2024
    TurboBlew, Sabre699 and YamahaRick like this.
  8. grapemustard

grapemustard Well-Known Member

now if you could make a sweet pitbull quality motocross stand using the same materials/finish as the rear stands. some nice rubberized material on the top, that would be sweet and i would 100% rock one with my supermotos.

Once a Wanker.. and MachineR1 like this.
  9. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I'll second that.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  10. KrashBandit

Nice! Thanks Greg. Hope all is well with you man

MELK-MAN likes this.
  11. KrashBandit

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll talk to Charlie about it. I'm sure we can come up with something, but we'll have to make sure it's different and better - that's the criteria. That's why the Trailer Restraint took 3-4 years to come out after the initial prototype. The first one was based on something Team Hammer had seen the Moto GP teams using, but it was somewhat cumbersome to use. Eventually we came up with something both different and better. Hopefully we can do the same for the motocross stand.

12. grapemustard

grapemustard Well-Known Member

awesome! :bow:

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  13. Zoomie

Zoomie Well-Known Member

Not quite 20 yrs, but still cute IMG_1559.jpeg

Sabre699 and YamahaRick like this.
  14. KrashBandit

Yep, cute for sure. Looks like she'd had a hard day of racing:)

Zoomie likes this.
  15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

^ Bump ^

Is there a deadline on this?

16. KrashBandit

Not anytime soon. I'm putting the video slideshow together to be ready by June or July. Our official 30th anniversary is August 20th, which was when Charlie gave away a front stand and also made his first sale at a WERA event. 1994 WERA flyer and birth of Pit Bull-1mb.jpg

Once a Wanker.., socalrider and HPPT like this.
  17. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Not quite 20 years... but 17 for the pic... and my 88 FZR400 racer! (35 years old!!!)

Attached Files:

Sabre699 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  18. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

2007 pic with my 88 FZR400

Attached Files:

Sabre699 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  19. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

That's a great looking bike.

Once a Wanker.. and evakat like this.
  20. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

I can tell it's an old pic because there's an SV gas tank with original paint and no dents:D

G Dawg and Banditracer like this.