1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pit Bull needs your 20 year old pictures

Discussion in 'General' started by KrashBandit, Mar 29, 2024.

1. KrashBandit

KrashBandit The other guy at Pit Bull

Sooo, I'm looking for old photos with Pit Bull stands in them. Looking primarily for pics from 20 years or more ago. Looking for photos you own the rights to. Going to do a slideshow of sorts, and since Charlie started selling stands at WERA events, this seems like the place to go for the oldest photos. I would prefer to tie in some pics from ya'll rather than just what I've already got. Post 'em here or email me at georgeh@ pit-bull.com if you don't mind. Please. Thanks. All that.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  2. 27

27 Well-Known Member

While I’ve never owned a Pit Bull stand, although I’ve been around them for years, I recognize and appreciate your support in the sport. It’s second to none obviously and should be celebrated.

Only reason I haven’t needed Pit Bull is I still have and still use all of my my original R&R stands from Brett Ray RIP from 1997… but if I ever wear them out and or have to replace them you guys would be the only ones.

Congratulations on the 20 year anniversary and thanks for supporting the sport.

3. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

20+ years. I think I bought my first stand from him in 1998.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Way past that.

Christian157 and 27 like this.
  5. KrashBandit

Correct, we're coming up on 30 years this Fall! Time flies!

Senna and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  6. KrashBandit

Yeah, just looking for photos from the first decade or so. The later photos are easier to find, but I'll take what I can get if anyone has some cool pics that are more recent.

7. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

Pic is only about 15 years old, but bike is much older and stands purchased in 2000 or so... 100_0874.jpg

Sabre699 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  8. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Even better… first I saw them was when KS34 had them telling everyone… “these stands will outlive your bikes” or something similar… never forgot that… I think it was when he and Spies ran the endurance race against all of us regulars at the GNF on the school bikes… man time flies..

9. KrashBandit

I remember that! We had some little manila tags made that featured Kevin's quote about the stands outlasting the bike. Also, KS and Spies vs anyone is tough. Lotta riding skill there.

Once a Wanker.. and 27 like this.
  10. KrashBandit

Nice, much appreciated!

11. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I got to know them both well in years after but Ben was a kid, 2004, and went around the outside of me on the exit of old turn 12 on their 750 and me on the R6 barely staying on the track…. In the endurance race! We only needed to finish to win the title which we did but I asked Ben about it and he said “Kevin said you were solid”… I thought how does he know?!? Great memories :D

not to toot your horn but coming from me who has never been a customer… not that my opinion matters but…. know that you’re making the right impressions… obviously…

12. KrashBandit

Good to hear! Yeah, I've gathered some good memories over the years as well. Crazy how quickly 10 years turns to 20 years and so on.

27 likes this.
  13. RS250Ape

RS250Ape Well-Known Member

IMG_5816.jpg
    Damn! Look at the hairline! I should have started to shave it all sooner!!!!
    This was 1998-1999

Sabre699 likes this.
  14. KrashBandit

Nice. 1999 was the first year that Pit Bull moved out of Charlie's garage, so still pretty early!

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

RC51_b.jpg

Razr, 03RumbleBee, Senna and 3 others like this.
  16. 27

27 Well-Known Member

the “new” Daytona Nascar garages then Papa?

was your RC51 nicknamed “BOB”?

there was a late braking dork that used 808 because it looked like his name Bob… “no brakes Bob” to all of us as he always ran off track trying to out brake himself :crackup:

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Pocono.

Negative on Bob.

27 likes this.
  18. 27

27 Well-Known Member

never been to Pocono… just yesterday my old racing buddy was talking about it being fast on the oval part… I bought the F2 that he too fasted there into a pile for $500! So I love that track :) it round about way got me going in the sport

19. ungwaha

ungwaha Well-Known Member

ToofPic likes this.
  20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, 750 & 850. My friend Dean Scarpa.