1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JH4 Pocket Knife

Discussion in 'General' started by wsmc42, Feb 26, 2024.

1. Alex.434

Alex.434 ^ That time I stole JH's bike.

Pie_Die.jpg
    Haha, Julian CA is known for its apple pie, and the big reason many people drive up on the weekend (well.. the excuse to drive up). My wife and I used to love driving/riding up there on random weekends to 'murder some pie'. Helps that Julian is surrounded by epic roads, some of the best I've ever ridden/driven... Anyway right after I took over Quinn Knives I was driving in one day and this image just came to mind. Since my artistic skills have long since atrophied, I asked Joe @ GHD Graphics to draw it up for me, and voila. The Pie Must Die. Gets a laugh out of a lot of people visiting the store.

I even had a customer recreate the image with a knife he bought from me, and a pie here in town (see attached). That's dedication!

https://sandiegoexplorer.com/best-julian-apple-pie/

Thank you for your order Sean.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nice :crackup:

Alex.434 likes this.
  3. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

Reading through the “Big D” thread reminded me, has anyone received the knife yet? Still waiting..

4. hayes131

hayes131 Well-Known Member

Knives are at the engraver, should start shipping on Monday, if not Friday. Thanks for grabbing one!!

MGM, John Branch, backbone and 5 others like this.
  5. Alex.434

Much like a finish line, Josh beat me to it.

Yup, all of the blades arrived last week, got the autograph cards delivered this week, and we're off to the engraver now, then over to Josh's to sign all the cards, and then I'm shipping them all out. Will also be doing the Grand Prize Rotorcraft drawing when I see Josh tomorrow evening, and informing the winner once we have a name!

Program listed 30-45 days upon close (March 11th) for fulfilment, but as the knives arrived in a timely manner, we should come in before 30 days for the bulk of shipping.

Feel free to hit me up [email protected] if you have any questions.

Cheers!

Britt, stickboy274, MGM and 2 others like this.
  6. Alex.434

Hey guys!

Knives have started to ship, ahead of our 30-45 estimated window (from March 11th). So you should start seeing automated emails come across with tracking. Between now and Monday they should all be getting out the door.

Here's some behind-the-scenes of the past two weeks of production, from getting them all unboxed and lasered at the gunsmith's, to Josh and I going through every single order and filling out thank you cards at Casa Hayes/Paris, to now boxing and labeling at my place. Also I'm standing here at my home garage computer, doing the boxing & shipping labels (easier than driving to my store) and hopefully you enjoy the chaos around me and these knives. Soaking up the motorhead garage vibes surrounded by motorcycle mayhem. (damn I need to clean my garage up..) :) https://imgur.com/a/1oR27m6

The Duane Dwyer Rotorcraft knife was won by a D.Hunt out of Mississippi, and we streamed the drawing live on the QK Instagram a couple days ago, which you can watch there if you like @quinn_knives

Thanks again everyone, they came out great!

[​IMG]

TurboBlew, Jed, wsmc42 and 6 others like this.
  7. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Got my shipping confirmation today!

8. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

This is awesome! Can't wait!

9. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

Got my shipping notification a couple days ago. Sorry I completely missed the 30-45day estimate! Bit of a knife geek, started getting antsy when I remembered I ordered one.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Mine showed yesterday, love it!

And thanks for the sticker :crackup:

Britt likes this.
  11. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Mine did too, although I didn't get a sticker, I did magically get #50... :)

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nice! I got 37 - and tragically cannot remember any racers with that number :crackup: The sticker was due to my pie issues :D

Britt likes this.
  13. hayes131

hayes131 Well-Known Member

Stephano!!

14. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Or Acosta until this year when it was already taken in GP. :D

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wow, talk about a huge brain fart!!!!

16. Mine arrived yesterday apparently, got home from the office way late so ran in the house, son was asleep. Changed into hunting clothes. Slapped the wife in the ass on the way out the door and went hunting.

17. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Got mine and love it. One of my favorite racing items.

18. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

mine arrived today ! sweet !

19. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

The build quality is excellent!