1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2024 | Race 2 | Portugal | Portimao | March 22-24

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Mar 18, 2024.

1. cbush

cbush Well-Known Member

Good analysis.

SuddenBraking and BigBird like this.
  2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Interesting take. Whenever I used to operate a vehicle, more cycle, car or airplane, if I couldn't see my environment, I went for the conservative option.

If, as you say, Pecco couldn't see what Marquez was doing, he could just as easily have assumed that he was tightening his line to follow the corner. And he chose to assume that he was running wide. Not saying that's what happened in actuality, and just going with your theory.

3. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

It's a double apex corner so...

4. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

U guys still talkin bout this? Sheesh. Wheres the COTA thread?

Banditracer and Phl218 like this.
  5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Don't be bringing facts into this discussion, the jism swallowers won't like it, plus they'll claim they don't have fb.

Slider82, redtailracing and BigBird like this.
  6. cbush

cbush Well-Known Member

So Bagnaia is on the preferred line? He’s also slightly behind - the rider behind is generally responsible for the pass.

Also, cutting in hard on a trailing bike often ends poorly for the rider choosing to do it. It seems highly unlikely Marquez would choose that risk, and much more likely he thought Bagnaia would hold a tighter line. The video analysis supports this impression.

7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I think Bags wanted to contact MM to knock him off the track, it backfired.

cbush and SuddenBraking like this.
  8. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

You're correct. FB was behind him, and this shot, before rider contact was made, clearly shows MM had no idea he was there. It was a racing red mist MM saw in half of his visor, certainly not a factory Ducati. There was no way MM could have seen him, thus, FB is at fault. My bad

upload_2024-3-27_15-16-59.png

27, Quicktoy, BigBird and 2 others like this.
  9. VR45 Troll

VR45 Troll Site Mod Upgraded to Troll. Formerly “Maximum”

My Overlord is a stupid fucking asshole and he leaned into Pecco on purpose.
    If you have the MotoGP app you can see it happen in the race video.

These My Overlord Fan Boi paint huffing goat pokers are too brain damaged to see what's right in front of their faces.

10. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

I know you are, but what are you?

ShadowBoxer likes this.
  11. VR45 Troll

VR45 Troll Site Mod Upgraded to Troll. Formerly “Maximum”

It's "I know you are, but what am I"

https://digitalcultures.net/slang/i-know-you-are-but-what-am-i/

"Although it was part of every English native’s childhood in kindergarten, it became a frequently memed expression, thanks to Paul Reubens’ iconic character Pee-Wee Herman, who uses the taunt in an iconic scene in the 1985 movie “Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure.” "

Lay off the paint huffing

12. Phl218

Phl218 .

And who is that armchair racer in the Facebook video?

Gino230 likes this.
  13. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

:whoosh:Much? But thank you for providing insight into your expansive knowledge of all things Wikipedia.

14. cbush

cbush Well-Known Member

All good. We all get it wrong once in a while. At least you see it now.

15. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

And you know better than actual MotoGP riders. Please keep talking. It gets me so hard.

16. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

This debate reminds me of the purple dress debacle..

17. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Did you guys see the other angle where you see Pecco's leg move? There was very clearly a kicking motion...

27, younglion and pickled egg like this.
  18. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

Funny thing is, while the interwebs continue on with this debate, the riders have both moved on from it more than likely.

Wheel Bearing and crashman like this.
  19. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

20. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Pecco would be advised to not get into a pissing contest with MM. MM is a professional a$$hole who thrives on these shenanigans. This could be good for us fans!