1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

No idea...I don't think you're going to go wrong with either one. Probably aluminum since it's a few ounces lighter and maybe you can moved between targets a bit faster with less weight. I'd definitely get the DLC coating/finish though on the slide and barrel.

The slide is machined for a Delta Point Pro if you're considering a dot. Anything else you have to buy an adapter.

I cannot recommend this flat face trigger enough: https://store.sviguns.com/new-stacatto-adjustable-trigger.aspx

My Staccato P and XC have the X Slide cuts that I guess save a little weight on the slide, and the XC has the barrel comp. I notice with dirty ammo they blow up residue that dirties up the red dot.
    A $10 little cleaner fixes that easily though.

https://www.amazon.com/Vortex-Optics-Lens-Cleaning-Pen/dp/B01L78XMI0/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2XH6TZ00S73G&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.ReC7rG3JrOPJD8TFh1EzccfS7aRaUZWG6-uC8lpG00dQS9pDndKYIY7LOSMiEXjG5U6AO43PuHpYaNRa_e2QWjbY6d3h8YWiAIEKtl06gPA6xUpNNVcDAcR-I_qK7hdRgLbPR3U8TaRM6d5aftzdv0IIg6n6KjUS4H33KwpVHBTfIEmF-cBHeLXkpZ_O-YsdcIZUId63TmVOzCFzhE7foHMFefwGIknajR3eR4r7afg.StIOxWU03CD4jtJDa3fR7yJCqX7N_q8XNHdpOem0FfM&dib_tag=se&keywords=red+dot+lens+cleaner&qid=1711153809&sprefix=red+dot+lense+cleaner,aps,68&sr=8-3

I'm doing my first ASI competition at Guntry in Owings Mills, MD May 2nd. I think I'm going to use my C2. I have the most rounds through that.

I have a CS on layaway at my LGS, which is going to get paid off to come home tomorrow. So I should have my 4th one home in about a week.

I've got about 4,000 rounds through my Staccato's...haven't had a failure yet.

The Dan Wesson DWX Compact is turning me on. Just an elegant design.

2. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

3. S Tsotsoros

S Tsotsoros aka General Tso

Hmmm. Hadn’t thought about the slide cuts.

I have Delta Point Pros so it’s good to know I won’t need a plate.

If I pull the trigger on the purchase I’ll add that trigger. you recommended. I’m a fan of adjustable triggers and a bigger fan of correct length triggers.

Santa brought me a DWX Compact. Unfortunately, POI was about 2.5” lower than POA. I reported this to DW and they had me send it back for evaluation. They’ve had it for 11 weeks which is longer than I had it. I’m expecting it to ship next week and am looking forward to getting it back. Hopefully it was a simple fix along the lines of an incorrect front or rear sight. I don’t have enough rounds through it to offer an opinion

Thanks for input.

4. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

5. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

6. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

7. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Like this i suppose.
    https://cmmg.com/pistol-banshee-mkgs-9mm-8

sanee likes this.
  8. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

It’s been on my short list for a while but I’m AR9 heavy at the moment. I do have a spare parts 9 that works well but I may just buy the CMMG bolt and barrel for it.

9. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

10. GixxerJohn011

So is a flow through suppressor really the bee knees? Running cleaner and not having as much gas coming back sounds appealing.

11. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

While I can believe the update will help its the testing of the new program not the new program that’s showing the fast turnarounds. Just like when they went to efile with a years backup of paper. Yeah there were some quick turnarounds due to testing but the true average grew to 9 months average last summer and has been steadily dropping since. And I expect to see the steady drop continue. So apply and maybe you’ll fall into the test group , great! But if not the averages are still at I believe to be record lows ( 4 months)
    GL

GixxerJohn011 likes this.
  12. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I have a 30 and a 5.56 oss/ hux
    and think they help. The guys in the FA group swear by them

GixxerJohn011 likes this.
  13. GixxerJohn011

Hux has definitely caught my eye.

14. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

They’re louder. How much varies from can to can, who’s testing it and under what conditions, etc. But as with anything that continues to get developed, it would seem the gap between has been significantly reduced in the last couple years. I have a flow through awaiting transfer to my dealer that I’m very interested to run side by side with my buddy’s traditional can. I also have a traditional can but in a larger caliber so not really useful to compare the 2.

15. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Have an unused 7.62 flow ti at home. Hopefully I'll get to try it out this week and report back.

16. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Add me to the list of quick turn around hopefuls :D Decided to get a sparrow for the 10/22, and did the cert Monday. Went with an individual not a trust, just for gits and shiggles this go round, as that’s the rumor I’m hearing for the fast approval :Pop:

17. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

IMG_0131.png Welp I got lucky

britx303 and redtailracing like this.
  18. S Tsotsoros

S Tsotsoros aka General Tso

I’ve been considering a Staccato P however, after pricing one it’s in the price range of some other interesting candidates. If you could only have one of the following semi custom pistols for target shooting/ competition which one and why?

Staccato P optics ready
    Alchemy Weaponry Quantico HiCap optics ready
    Masterpiece Arms DS9 Hybrid optics ready.

All are within a few % of each other in cost.

Thanks

19. GixxerJohn011

Giggity! I hope I will be too. As of this morning the gubment, my LGS, and myself are co owners of a Hux 556K in FDE. This could get expensive if I get a quick turnaround.

dobr24, RonR and redtailracing like this.
  20. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Good luck finding mounts for it. I ordered some directly from HUX 4 weeks ago and though the website said they are in stock I got an email last week saying they still needed to be manufactured and would ship "shortly".