1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Thoughts on the glock automatic watches ?

I lost an Ebay one last minute. Still searching

2. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

Same answer as always. You can buy a Hamilton that is better for the same or less money.

It’s really the same as any of the pop up brands. You are getting a very inexpensive movement with different packaging. Glock is using Japanese movements. I can’t find which one, but I’m guessing you are getting a $50 movement at best.

tony 340 likes this.
  3. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Wow that face is busy AF :O

RichB, ducrcr, Jedb and 1 other person like this.
  4. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

For some reason I want a skeleton automatic.

That glock was sexy, but I'll check out the hamiltons

5. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Seiko movement in the glock.

tony 340 likes this.
  6. Phl218

Phl218 .

Almost couldn’t decide between a gold nautilus or a Royal Oak strolling NYC’s chinatown this weekend

upload_2024-3-25_18-54-43.jpeg

went with neither

ChemGuy and RichB like this.
  7. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

Sing out of you see an ice dial Daytona

8. Critter

Critter Registered

I have my eye on a Brequet Marine 5527 in Blue and a Blancpain Fifty Fathoms Bathyscaphe both in full titanium...I kind of like the blue on the Brequet, but I like the look of the Blancpain, I wish they made that in either black or blue

What Sayeth the beeb? Which one?

Jedb likes this.
  9. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

breguet for me.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

A real one? There’s a lot better for a lot less.
    A long list of watches I’d spend half of the $40k long before.

Jedb likes this.
  11. Critter

Critter Registered

Yes real ones, I have had a XXII for several years and beat the crap out of it and it runs good and keeps good time. I like a full Ti watch and there are not that many good options out there and I am not interested in a Rolex too many people with those...

12. Critter

Critter Registered

neither watch is 40K both around the 15K mark right now

13. Critter

Critter Registered

Well than whats your suggestion for a full TI watch? I am heading to Alaska next year and going to be without power in the back country for 15 days. so the need for a good hearty mechanical watch is there, different than the nice stuff I am looking at. Whats your thoughts.

Looking for something I can kick the crap out of, full TI, and not going to break when rafting and hiking?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2024
  14. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I’ve only seen French people with a Breguet. :D

I have a titanium Pelagos that I really like. I’m also doing about a month in remote Alaska this summer and I’ll probably take that watch. It’s only about $5k, but goes against your no Rolex criteria.

15. Critter

Critter Registered

My family hertiage is from Lorraine France, so there is that. LOL

SteveThompson likes this.
  16. Critter

Critter Registered

Those Pelagos don't look to bad, might be a good option actually

17. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

G-Shock :D Lots and lots of styles and options to fit your wants/needs and it definitely won't break or break the bank.

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

For a watch I’d take to Alaska and beat the shit out and give no shots about? I assume it’s for hunting, fishing and doing the Alaska thing and not just hanging out and drinking IPAs? Why automatic and not a quartz? Why Ti?

nothing against any of the two you mentioned (I really like the Fifty a lot) but at full retail I’d pass (and did).

At $15K makes a bit more sense but still.

19. ducrcr

ducrcr reasonably fast old guy

I've really enjoyed my TI Planet Ocean! It's a bit bulky, but the TI makes it so you don't notice the weight and it's been keeping good time -1s/day. As an added bonus it's blue! :cool:

20. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

For a AK watch..do they make a full Ti Casioak G shock? That would be sweet to rock with flannel and a beanie in the woods.