1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2024 | Race 2 | Portugal | Portimao | March 22-24

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Mar 18, 2024.

1. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

Not what I saw from my arm chair. Looked like Marc stuffed it up the inside, ran wide, then seemed shocked to find a motorcycle on the racing line with a rider on board that couldn’t see Marc turning back into him. Racing incident in the end but only one of the two could see the other. Seems like there was a big flap 2 years ago with a similar incident although I’m pretty sure that rider went much wider than Marc did today.

KneeDragger_c69 and Dragginass like this.
  2. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Thanks.

3. rwdfun

rwdfun

upload_2024-3-24_13-8-58.gif

on that note. Is it too early to say Trackhouse needs to give Joe a ride:D

Dragginass likes this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

TNT showed like an hour plus of after the race highlights and discussion of the various races. Almost too much. :D
    No mention of Roberts that I heard from the moto2 discussion. Because of his sponsor? :D

5. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Marc and Pecco were two of the best trying a block pass, switch back and attempted door closing in both directions all within the same multi apex corner. Shit happens in my opinion.

Does Marc have a right to come back to the line after executing a block pass his rival got back under? Does Pecco get room to push Marc a bit wide after being pushed wide himself literal moments before?

I want to see Jorge and Enea tangle next!

scottn, BigBird and Quicktoy like this.
  6. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I'm hoping Enea and Marc both make him earn it. Enea was fast and a good late race bet in 2022 and I think beat JM to it. I'm hopeful his early pace equates to him reminding us that he would still like that fancy red seat.

In other news, can someone else get the 24 Duc that Frankie isn't using?

MachineR1 likes this.
  7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Randy DePuniet nailed it in his French TV commentary: if it had been Bezzecchi, Bagnaia would not have forced the issue and would have waited for a safer opportunity to retake the position. It was all about ego.

8. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Yada, yada, yada. How goes it dick cheese?

9. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

He’s not wrong.

10. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

I don't think ego was involved at all, but if it was, I'm keen to put it on the one with a history of that sort of thing.....

KneeDragger_c69 and stk0308 like this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Right, must be why he tried to use his helmet to knock down Pecco's bike. :D

younglion likes this.
  12. 418

418 Expert #59

I think Pecco got his hands full with all these cats gunning for his seat. And he's not exactly been the best at handling pressure.

Marc already tried him the lap before, he should have let him go and regroup.

13. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

The "cutback" is part of every one of those riders racecraft. As I said, I don't think ego was involved at all. Racing incident.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I get that, but when you try it over fourth or fifth place when you are the championship favorite, and know how costly every mistake can be, this is a move you don't make unless there's something personal involved.

That was a classic "It's my turf now, I'm not afraid of you" move.

15. Letitsnow

Letitsnow Well-Known Member

MM93 needs to be smarter, as his bike is going to start getting slower and slower if he doesn't.

Phl218 and notbostrom like this.
  16. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Was there any additional information about what happened with Maverick?
    It looked like coming out of the final turn he went wide, and then after crossing the line had his leg out (warning something was wrong?) prior to getting to T1.

17. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Speaking of Bez… somebody post up a pic of his umbrella girl… I only caught a glimpse of half her face but it looked like he needed to pull a Rossi and lock down that Monster mash…

and Pecco was far enough ahead to take a bit of a bump… guess MM bumps a little harder from the outside than most :D

18. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Shoei should use that clip for marketing :) it worked

Pixelator likes this.
  19. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

I just watched the post race interviews and I have to agree with something Marc said.... this was a battle for 5th. Pecco should have been smarter. And he should know MM is going to race him as hard as possible with just a few laps to go. I thought it was a little ambitious to try to dive under Marc. I can see both sides though. A racing incident.

ducrcr, BigBird and younglion like this.
  20. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

He does have a very fresh 2 year contract. No one is gunning for his seat at the present time.

BigBird and stk0308 like this.