1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Squatters- talk to me like I am in 5th grade

Discussion in 'General' started by DrA5, Mar 1, 2024.

1. solson1041

solson1041 Well-Known Member

I’m as successful as anyone could ever ask to be and literally one of the most traditionally masculine people you’d know. Go stalk my Instagram or Facebook if you want, I’m absurdly easy to dox. I’m not hiding.

Just disagree with me about the ethics of being a parasite. It’s not hard. You don’t have to pretend I’m a person who’s only saying this because I’m bitter and sad. I’ve been clear the whole time that my ethical judgement on landlording is subjective and mine. Say, “sure, it’s getting money without working, but I think this builds the best set of incentives for the best world possible.” Or something.

But the word parasite is accurate, and the history of squatting law is accurate.

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

The word “idiot” is most assuredly apropos…

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

There is one crucial difference that you fail to acknowledge: no one in this thread is lecturing other participants on slave labor and using their i-Phone to accuse you of enjoying the fruits of such labor.

Don't get me wrong, I know from experience that there are those who would. They just have not participated so far. So it's just you for now. :D

And again, you can always stick to most of your principles. Especially in America. The only question is how much comfort you are willing to give up in exchange. It doesn't seem to me like you're trying very hard.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2024
    Motofun352 and pickled egg like this.
  4. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

I get your points but disagree with your definition of parasite. A parasite takes without giving anything in return, which in this case better describes the squatters. Being a landlord does in fact take work.

bpro and scottn like this.
  5. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Can anyone recommend an electrician for some work at my rental property?

Wheel Bearing, Sabre699 and tl1098 like this.
  6. brex

brex Well-Known Member

7. solson1041

Especially in America? My dude, to pay taxes is to violate your principles SOMEHOW. You’re paying the salaries of everyone from Ted Cruise to Rashida Talib. You’re funding a genocide and the entire MIC, you’re paying for cops and food stamps. It’s impossible to stick to any principles as an American paying taxes. And you want to twist the screws at me because I’m taking the only option available to me with a chance (ever diminishing) of surviving after my brain and body begin to fail me?

simply calling me a hypocrite and questioning my commitment to any principles I’m coerced to breaking cannot neutralize the strength of anyone’s ideas. If that were the case, it would be the trump card to literally any political disagreement.

I’ve called landlords parasites and dismantled bad rebuttals to that claim. I guess if you’re thin skinned you could call it preaching, but yall could just accept that passive income is when you get money without working, and say you’re okay with that, then I wouldn’t have anything else to say.

8. solson1041

Landlording is what’s left after property management and overhead. It’s the passive part, the active part is property management.

if property management was worth as much as landlords make, you guys would just apply for a job mowing lawns and painting over recepticals at just one property for Main Street Property Management LLC. But maintenance guys don’t get as much cash flow+equity as landlords do, do they? Landlords get a lot more per month than the amount it costs to pay a firm to do the accounting and the maintenance and the repairs, don’t they? Even if one month’s cash flow is negative, someone else is paying the mortgage.

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Can’t speak for your Uber-masculine physique, but I’m fairly certain the brain has certainly not only begun failing you, but left you for dead.

Wonder if it’s a parasite.

10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Hey shitstick.

Go to your boss tomorrow and tell him he’s a parasite because he’s making money off YOUR work.

Let us know how that goes for you. :crackup:

tony 340 and mike w like this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

OK, first of all, I don't know if you are familiar with the forum rules but you might want to limit the political comments if you want to last here. We are discussing economics. No need to go political.

Secondly, I never called you out for doing things that you are required to do under the penalty of imprisonment (although someone who is an absolute believer in their principles should make that choice). There are many things you can do to stick your principles that fall short of getting into a battle with the IRS. I get that you can't stick to all your principles. I am calling you out for not sticking to all the ones that you can. The 401 K being a prime example. You don't have to have one, no matter how you try to dance around a fact.

Lastly, no one has argued with the definition of what passive income is. You're making up false claims so you can have something you argue. What people have tried to explain to you is that (unless we're discussing inheritance), it is their labor that put them in a position to enjoy the passive income. One can easily make the case that it is deferred income. Maybe you get that, maybe you don't. It doesn't change the facts.

12. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

My Dude
    You sound really gay

A. Barrister and Dillonjohnson like this.
  13. Dillonjohnson

Dillonjohnson Well-Known Member

Aside from the parasitic argument, squatter’s definitely suck ass. Illinois doesn’t help either. I had one for 7 or 8 months that I couldn’t get out. It was comical. It happens. Own enough rentals, and you’ll get them. Way she goes boys.

14. aaronson

aaronson Well-Known Member

Oh look , it’s the you’ll own nothing and be happy crowd

15. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Mmmmm, warm buttery popcorn!

Sabre699 likes this.
  16. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

And if you hire a single employee you would make passive income off of them as the business owner. How are you going to live with yourself now? Lmfao.

17. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

A case of flea bombs works every time bro.

18. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

We post about squatters online as we sit on stolen land.

Funny that historically the native Americans absolutely lost just about everything but since their skin isn't dark enough and they don't run any media outlets......nobody seems to care. They've been forgotten for some reason.

Fascinating

At this point in time I'd prefer hundreds of small Native American tribal governments over the bullshit we are extorted to fund here.

Remember going to the pet store when you were young and seeing the hamster in the wheel ? That's Americans each day

That being said, I enjoy capitalism and landlords are not parasites IMO .

I'm actually looking at hunting land right now where I can rent a portion to be farmed. Zoned agricultural so less taxes, because Duh. You cannot beat the government at their own game

Also of you don't like investors....you can kiss the local,home depot, dicks sporting goods, apple store, etc goodbye

Last edited: Mar 21, 2024
  19. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

Solon. Since you're an an engineer I'm going to say something.

I am also a degreed Engineer who works hard to understand others perspectives and I am also a Boomer. You're blasting boomers or old people kind of shows you are prejudice against folkes based on there conditions. This makes you're "righteous indignation" insincere.

If this gives you real pause to reflect, great! If this just makes you try to figure out how to get around my objection, shame on you.

20. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

Hey Solon how can you justify using earth's resources for personal pleasure like riding motorcycles for fun or even worse RIDING ON A TRACK!

You use fuel for pleasure to ride and to transport to the track.