1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Squatters- talk to me like I am in 5th grade

Discussion in 'General' started by DrA5, Mar 1, 2024.

1. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Squatters rights actually predate the US and go back to Feudal Europe.

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

[​IMG]

3. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

What the hell

MELK-MAN likes this.
  4. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

GTFOH ... seriously. just stfu.

5. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Show me on this doll where the mean landlord touched you

Rebel635 and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  6. solson1041

solson1041 Well-Known Member

I just have pretty conservative principles, and I think people who don't work shouldn't get paid. Passive income is when you get paid without working, so obviously people who landlord are parasites. If you do property management, you should be paid for that labor, but anything a landlord "makes" after paying a property manager is literally parasitic, how could it be anything else?

Y'all think welfare queens suck money from your tax dollars while sitting on their asses, just wait until you realize what shareholders and landlords take. And they're ALREADY rich enough to own a whole extra house or two!

Anyway, y'all can moan about my views on parasites, but it's just a fact that squatters rights trace back to legal principles necessary for colonialism and American settlements on Indian land. That fact doesn't care about your feelings. If it wasn't for the same legal principles that allow squatters rights today, there wouldn't have been a legal basis for the westward settlements.

You can read more here if you can see through the glaucoma and rage-tears clouding your boomer vision: Squatting in the United States - Wikipedia

7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Cognitive dissonance is a public health crisis.

8. VR45 Troll

VR45 Troll Site Mod Upgraded to Troll. Formerly “Maximum”

Tried but failed

You're going to need years more of practice to get your trolling right.

9. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Put the shovel down, son. The work came BEFORE those evil greedy landlords could afford to purchase a rental property. But you don't see that part. Trust me... Being a millionaire ain't a damn thing like the brochure! :crackup:

It's one thing to be silent and be thought an idiot.

It's another thing to spout off and remove all doubt.

And every day I still get up and go do a job 98.6% of the population would consider beneath them. Funny thing, having a work ethic and not thinking that the world owes you anything. You should try it.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2024
    scottn, dave3593 and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  10. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Tell me you are an entitled, participation trophy having, mommy's cellar dwelling, broke ass art student without telling me.

Rebel635, tony 340 and pickled egg like this.
  11. Dillonjohnson

Dillonjohnson Well-Known Member

I just bought 25 more units the other day...lol

12. solson1041

I'm an electrical engineer who owns his own home and I'm making better money than ever. Best of all, it's money I EARN because my labor is valuable. The boomers were the generation giving out participation trophies because they were such terrible parents they didn't have the emotional intelligence to talk to a child after losing a game.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2024
  13. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

^^^^No actual understanding of how capitalism works^^^^ I hope you keep any money you make under your mattress, because earning on it would make you a parasite by your own words.

scottn, tony 340, brex and 1 other person like this.
  14. solson1041

Yeah man, and you should get paid for doing the job you did before, and for the job you're doing now.

Just because becoming a parasite is hard, doesn't make it a different thing. If it's passive income, you're not working, lol. That's the entire point of passive income.

Y'all can decide you think it's good if people get paid for being rich and not working, that's a judgement call that's up to you. It's just weird to be confused or sassy when people say, "hey, getting paid and not working is the definition of being a parasite."

Adam Freakin Smith, author of The Wealth of Nations, the foundational text of capitalism even agrees about landlording: “ The rent of land, therefore, considered as the price paid for the use of the land, is naturally a monopoly price. It is not at all proportioned to what the landlord may have laid out upon the improvement of the land, or to what he can afford to take; but to what the farmer can afford to give.”

15. solson1041

Yeah man, I live in the system, there's no option to escape it. That doesn't mean I can't criticize it. By this logic, peasants under feudalism weren't allowed to complain because they were protected by their local duke or king, lol.

Even if I was a landlord myself, I could just understand the situation and be okay with being a parasite, that fact wouldn't undercut the truth of my words.

16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I’m convinced.

Let me know when you’re at the track next. I’ll come and use your bike, since I don’t have the resources to get my own. Don’t mind if I throw it at the ground and strip it for parts that I sell while you’re in the outhouse, ok.

Parasite…. :crackup:

scottn, Rebel635, dave3593 and 3 others like this.
  17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

And apparently, logic is no longer a requirement to be an electrical engineer. :crackup:

R Acree, 969 and mike w like this.
  18. solson1041

I'll explain to you what's wrong with your comparison here if you want, but you have to promise you're wrong because you're actually stupid, not because you're pretending to be, ok?

I'll be at most CCS/ASRA Midwest events, but hopefully Mid-Ohio, PIRC, and maybe GNF with WERA. Come say hi. I'll speak slow and use simple words.

19. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

I see a yellow number plate on your bike in your avatar. I'm thinking you've still got a yellow number number plate when it comes to understanding life too.

Wheel Bearing, 969 and pickled egg like this.
  20. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Squatter or troll?? lol

969, HPPT, pickled egg and 1 other person like this.