1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2024 Daytona 200 aka Big D

Discussion in 'General' started by Pneumatico Delle Vittorie, Jan 11, 2024.

1. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Alex was lying still on the track with a clear line of sight and the guy ran him over. Maybe he wasn't paying attention to where he was going ? It kinda seems so from the footage.

If it was on purpose, it's not an apology that would be required, it's an ass kicking.

Least he could do is enquire if he's okay. It's basic sportsmanship.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2024
    KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  2. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Yeah I wondered what happened to Alex, hope he's OK

3. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Something like that and his fastest lap was 2 before the end?

4. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Don't have the foggiest clue about the situation being mentioned here but I can't imagine a scenario where a rider would run someone over on purpose? Seems a bit ludicrous to even mention that scenario... However, target fixation is a real thing. Who knows what kind of weekend the other guy had? Seems a bit judgy to be on here blasting the dude...

grapemustard and 418 like this.
  5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It's @tawzx12r who brought that up. There wasn't even a hint of it in the original post, IMO.

KneeDragger_c69 and cha0s#242 like this.
  6. redtailracing

I also want to go back to my previous question about fuel as I never saw an answer to it (maybe I just overlooked it). Why is volume not measured by emptying a fuel tank, refilling it out of a 20L jug, and identifying by the remainder how much was required to fill the tank? Volume of a tank is not a variable number. It doesn't matter what fluid is inside of it, or the temp of that fluid, or anything else. The only thing that changes is the amount of volume occupied by a given mass of fuel or any other fluid for that matter. But best I can tell, the rule is simple and relates only to volume of the tank. So why is the measurement so difficult?

Britt and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  7. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Just let Teams run whatever size tank they want. Then mandate at least 2 stops, that are at least x number of laps apart. Maybe a minimum pit time so someone doesn't just do a stop and go with a 2x large tank...? There's is a rules package that can be developed in order to make it work, IMHO.

8. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Exactly.... lack of sportmanship.

I'll just leave my FB post with pics and the two videos of the incident, for those that care to watch.

I'm healing slowly. In a wheelchair cause of a broken right fibula, swollen left foot and a seperated right AC joint.
    https://www.facebook.com/share/p/4JdT2JjqR2Ggq2M1/?mibextid=qi2Omg

cha0s#242 likes this.
  9. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I watched it… you were unconscious right? Glad you’re relatively ok… I’m lucky to have never run over anyone but I’ve been run over lots of times and some don’t have decency for sure… once was my crotch, softball size hematoma, chipped pelvis… and I got pics of the crotch runner crash years later, from the race director… little squirrelly bastard about shit his pants when I confronted him… he explained he was scared to tell me… no excuse…

cav115 and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  10. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

So what was the deal w/ Eslick having a drink of water/electrolyte after the race? Did he get DQ'd?

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not sure on the penalty but the rule is pretty clear and easy to follow.

12. CRA_Fizzer

Stupid

Attached Files:

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What is stupid? There's a minimum rider/bike weight requirement at the finish of the race. They get weighed quickly after the race. No you can't add weight after the checker.

14. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

It was the same when I raced karts and we had to roll over the scales. Evidently years before, a guy got caught with a coke can full of lead, pretending to take a drink while standing on the scales with all the gear and kart.

15. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

i'm failing to see the reason for such anger aimed at the guy that hit you... (from your fb post attached and have seen before). do you really think that guy TRIED to hit you? have you watched the vid a few times? it's darn evident, imo, that he really tried to NOT hit you. can see him turn the bars as hard just before impact.

assuming any rider, even one that has major dislike for another, would be stupid enough to try and hit someone laying on the track. it's more likely they themselves would crash, injuring themselves and costing $$ for repairs.. i can't possibly know what he was thinking, maybe he did try to hit you, but that would be a stretch if you ask me or most rational folk ? crashing sucks. crashing and getting hurt sucks worse. of this we can agree :)

16. KneeDragger_c69

My anger is aimed at his lack of sportsmanship. It does say that I understand we're in a race environment. I also say he didn't try very hard to avoid me.

My anger is aimed at his lack of sportsmanship. I waiteda week to do that post, giving him enough time to get news from me, either myself directly or a team member or even an official. Nada... so ya, pissed at that little shit

MELK-MAN and cha0s#242 like this.
  17. Mike Fennell

Mike Fennell Never Was

When I raced SCCA, a guy would always pick up his daughter at pit wall on the way to weigh-in. She always had a big hammer on hand 'just in case' and always seemed to forget it when she got out of the car.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  18. redtailracing

Can't see it. Is your profile private?

19. KneeDragger_c69

Sorry...
    Made it public

20. CRA_Fizzer

Think of Jorge Martin last year. Almost passed out.

So you are dying of thirst and can't take a swig of water. That's what is dumb.

But it's ok to drink during the race...

Once a Wanker.. likes this.