1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Wow that’s amazing

2. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Jesus

3. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

@redtailracing

FYI. A CZ with a Cajun Pro Package trigger kit is pretty damned sweet. Put about six mags through it today.

Took my Buddy shooting today. His first time. He’s been extremely visually impaired since birth. He wanted to try it. So I made it happen for him. Staccato P with a Delta Point Pros BIG dot window worked pretty well for him. The head shots are me. All the center mass shots are Jim. I just spotted for him and told him what to adjust. “Up a little and to your left”.
    upload_2024-3-17_20-23-45.png

4. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

picked up a Marlin (Ruger) 1895 Dark a few weeks ago. Working on some loads for it (my first 45-70) and found a deal on a Wild West Guns Happy Trigger (in gold!) locally, so bought some Wolff springs and some Range Point stuff for it. Now it's got some bling to go with the dark motif. Pretty fun gun to shoot and now the trigger is decent (went from 7+lbs on my scale to 2.5-3lbs and much smoother). Now to find an old Leupold 1.5-5x Scout VX-R (out of production) if anyone has one sitting around gathering dust. :)

Attached Files:

5. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

How is this person still alive haha

6. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Took the boy out shooting this weekend. Got around to shooting my Canik Rivial-S. Dont listen the @StaccatoFan hype. I would out shoot his over priced hyped up high-point I mean staccato with that Rival-S any day. :Poke::crackup:

gapman789 likes this.
  7. Phl218

Phl218 .

8. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

$2,500 for that is not a very good deal. I see them going for this all the time. I may at some point buy the HK but for now my AP5K goes bang every time I pull the trigger. I have however been looking for a HK G3. Prices are starting to go up quickly on them and I want a "real" one not a fake. It's crude and ugly and apparently not that great but I want!

Phl218 likes this.
  9. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

I didn’t ask, I should’ve because that’s a damn good barrel :crackup:, but I’m assuming 22LR is the only reason he didn’t earn the opportunity to “put a thumb in it.” The gunsmith did say that he should probably be wearing a helmet.

sanee likes this.
  10. Phl218

Phl218 .

yeah, surely there are better deals out there. the AP or other clones are really good from what i've read.

i have been eyeballing the cetme kits. full crudeness, and the pleasure of building your own for not too much of a cost. an original G3 is dream land.

11. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

This is absolutely hearsay as I've never personally even handled one but literally everywhere I've ever looked has said the cetmes are absolute garbage. YMMV but I'd be cautious if you plan on it being a shooter. If just a safe queen or show piece, build away lol.

Phl218 likes this.
  12. Phl218

Phl218 .

yeah, safer bet would be the hkparts route. as you say. the cetmes with the wood furniture, done right are just prettier.. :cool:

13. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Haters can hate all they want. My Staccatos will still be pinpoint accurate for my grandkids and their kids.

14. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

https://atlanticfirearms.com/ptr-32-kfr-762-x-39-rifle-w-rail#
    I have the PTR32 linked above. I have only put 2-300 rounds through it but I can assure you the thing has been flawless. Apparently PTR did quite a bit of research on the issues of these prior to putting their kits out and made some pretty significant upgrades which eliminated a lot of the issues. After owning it for a couple of weeks I decided I wanted to suppress it. I reached out to PTR about changing out the locking piece for one that would work better for a suppressed version. To my surprise I got a very quick email back telling me what they recommended along with the appropriate headspace gap and offering the correct piece for a very reasonable price. I installed it and took it out shooting and it was perfect. I haven't pushed it any further than 100yds but it's relatively accurate with the SLX 3x in 7.62 from Primary Arms.

redtailracing and Phl218 like this.
  15. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

IMG_0100.jpeg After a few years of trying we closed the deal this weekend in GA. 1 the first night and 2 the second night.

dobr24 likes this.
  16. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I'm going off really fuzzy memory here, but as I recall, the ones with the really bad reputations are the originals and true to form clones. Whereas the PTR 91 is as much its own thing as the G3 and from what I can tell fills the void between a real CETME and a G3 in terms of performance and cost.

dobr24 likes this.
  17. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Do you eat those fukkers?

sanee likes this.
  18. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

where in Ga and can i come over for some of that......yes im serious :)

19. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

We took back straps with low expectations because of size and being bores but I’ve heard both sides of the taste like shyt, taste great so we need to find out for ourselves.

20. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Americus and it was a guided hunt. We’ve hunted with them twice and had opportunities 3 of 4 nights. Pig Problem. We’ve also been hunting on our own in NC but only two sightings in years of going so we decided to do a paid hunt once a year. I shot a sow a few years back with a bow and it was good eating.

sanee likes this.