1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP! Hotels info Parkersburg WV to Cincy?

Discussion in 'General' started by RRP, Mar 14, 2024.

1. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Ok, heading out to WV tonight and gonna take care of all this racebike/racetruck silliness tomorrow and then head for home.

Looking to head back towards Cincinnatti Friday afternoon and then get a hotel. I'm gonna have trailer, parts, etc and I'd like to be a relatively secure area for the 12-15 hours we'll be stopped.

Im looking for decent place with a pool for the kid for tomorrow night - gonna head south to I64 from Parkersburg and then west and back toward Cincinatti (gotta pick up parts at Tuna's Saturday then home).

Any help appreciated on this one.

2. cincigp

cincigp Well-Known Member

If you are looking for a place to stay in Cincinnati, check out the Mason/Blue Ash areas. Some of the nicer suburbs and not far from Tuna.

Edit: If it were me, I would probably stay at the Home2Suites in Blue Ash.

beac83, RRP and dave3593 like this.
  3. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Have dinner at Blue Ash Chili. Good stuff.

beac83 and RRP like this.
  4. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Ok....why would you go South from Parkersburg WV to get to Blue Ash OH? That seems like the exact wrong way to go unless there is something on 64 you need to go by? Seems like going North around Columbus and back down to the north side of Cincy is better? Or take the more scenic route through Chillicothe and get some pace notes for the Southern Ohio Forest Rally in June....

RRP likes this.
  5. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

The Hampton Inn in Blue Ash is pretty good. They have an inside pool and an exercise room. Right across the intersection from the hotel is a restaurant called Through the Garden. It is privately owned and has good steak and sea food.

RRP likes this.
  6. dave3593

From chillicothe to Cincinnati is 70 mph on st rt 35 then I71. Parkersburg to Chillicothe is ok but only partial four lane.

RRP likes this.
  7. cincigp

cincigp Well-Known Member

Yeah, 50 to Chillicothe then 35 to 71 is probably the most efficient. Depending on trailer size and schedule 50 all the way isn't too bad either, just takes longer.

RRP likes this.
  8. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

Not a hotel, nor do I have a pool, but you are welcome to park at my place just south of cincinnati and use the spare bed for that matter.

Shenanigans, YamahaRick and RRP like this.
  9. dave3593

50 is pretty but slower. Just to add other options: Parkersburg to Athens Ohio is not far. Then you get on st rt 32 and it is a 4 lane all the way to the south side of Cincinnati. It's a rural 4 lane so 60 or 65 speed limit.

RRP likes this.
  10. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Thanks guys! I’ll consider it all.
    Appreciate the info!

M

11. Pants Romano

Pants Romano Well-Known Member

Where are you coming from that will put you in Parkersburg?

If coming from the north - Interstate 70 to Columbus then I71 to Cin.

If from the south - Charleston - I 64 to Route 35 (Chilicothe/Washington Court House)

If you absolutely, positively have to go through Parkersburg - Route 50 to Athens to Chilicothe).

RRP likes this.
  12. dave3593

I dropped stuff off at Tuna's a few weeks ago. His bike garage, animal yard and layed back environment is pretty cool.

Shenanigans and RRP like this.
  13. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I have a rental with a nice private gravel lot you're welcome to drop the trailer at and get a nearby hotel of you want to stay on the Eastside of Cincy.

Shenanigans and RRP like this.
  14. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Update. First off - thanks all for the route input.

Nice drive back from Parkersburg to Chillicothe OH this afternoon on US50.

FYI - Old Canal Street Smokehouse in Chillicothe is great:beer:

Got all the running, dropping off and picking up handled.

Was good to see @dont621 Don T and @tzrboy Chris G even for a lil bit:D.

Will make the stop through @kanatuna tomorrow and then ease on home tomorrow.