1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

In the event of a squib, I have to wonder, does the bullet stop one, two, or three times after the primer is struck?

2. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

what brand? come on give some info

3. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I’ve seen barrels get bulged and no damage at all from a squib being followed up from a quick double tap. The vast majority I’ve seen were from hand loaders. I have a powder check so knock wood I’ve never had a problem.

4. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Anyone have or used a prism sight? Looking at the primary arms 5x one for an AR I don’t use too often

5. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I’ve got the PA SLx3x on my FN. great little optic.

Steak Travis likes this.
  6. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

Patriot Defense 9mm 115g FMJ. I contacted them just to find out if any other customers reported squibs with that particular lot number, but they never responded. I have 600 rounds of it that I'm now segregating for single shot drills and red dot zeroing duty. I won't be using it for multiple-shot drills, obviously.

sanee likes this.
  7. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Those are great little optics. I have 3 or 4 of them on guns. MIce that they have different calibers too.

8. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

^nice^ not mice

9. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I just returned the 5X because it was too big for my application. Its for an AR Pistol with a 9 inch barrel. I went with the Vortex 3X Prism. I also have the 5X that have a much smaller footprint. I like both of the Vortex Prism scopes for their smaller size and more precision over a red dot.

10. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

got my CZ 75 P01 back from Cajun Gun Works yesterday. Taking it to the range tomorrow.
    Got their Pro Package, Dawson Precision sights and barrel bushing installed.

DA trigger pull is down to 6lbs and SA pull is at 3.

11. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

i rented (for free) the tactical version of that last week. Threaded barrel, suppressor height sights

its on the list of many

12. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Noice. Interested to hear your feedback. Though pretty sure I can predict it lol. Never met a disappointed 75 owner and best I can tell, it doesn't get better than Cajun for working your CZ over. I suppose the only question will be does your screen name need to change? CajunWhore has a nice ring to it. :crackup:

13. StaccatoFan

No. My favs will always be my Staccato 2011s.

I’ve gotten rid of everything but my Sigs CZs and my 4 Staccatos. And that’s where I’m gonna stop. I’m quite happy with these selections.

I’m doing my first match May 2.

If I like this P01 I’ll send my Shadow 2 to them eventually.

Yes. It’s their business. However they are like Ferraci for Ducs when it comes to CZ pistols.

14. redtailracing

Nice. Pistol only or multigun?

and that’s what I’ve always heard. If I ever snag a shadow 2 compact like I want, I’ll probably send it to them. My only CZ at the moment is a orange ts2 and I honestly can’t think of anything I’d want to change on that gun except maybe the slide purchase but that’s more just part of the experience 75s I suppose.

15. StaccatoFan

Just pistol. Indoor.

Baby steps.

16. redtailracing

Nice. I’m leaving in a few minutes to go to my 4th (or maybe 5th? Can’t remember) 3 gun comp to get my ass kicked yet again. :crackup:But man it’s fun.

britx303 likes this.
  17. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Nice!! Are you running a scar in this? Thought you mentioned that before. Once my schedule gets more free time, I’d love to get into 3 gun stuff.

18. redtailracing

Good memory. I did run a scar17 for my first one. Ran a 18” AR for my 2nd match and this one. Ran a 9.75” .300blk AR for my third match (night shoot, 175 yards and in, no shotgun).

Stock Benelli M4 for the 3 that included shotty. HK VP9, rmr added for the last 2 matches.

britx303 likes this.
  19. redtailracing

Man today’s comp sucked. Time to start dry firing more I guess. No real excuse. I just performed terribly. But now I’m pissed and motivated I guess.

20. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

I recently had to see a gunsmith for some self induced problems. I opened with “ I may have a piece for your wall of shame”…once I told him my issue he said I wasn’t even an honorable mention. Two hours prior a guy picked up his lever action rifle that they pulled 32 squibs out of. The worst part was he didn’t bring it in for accuracy issues or not firing, he brought it in because it wouldn’t chamber another round. There was literally no room to chamber the next round because there were so many squibs.

sanee likes this.