1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The 2024-2025 NFL Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Feb 12, 2024.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

as someone said, Kirk Cousins has made $$$

upload_2024-3-12_10-56-30.png

fastedyamaha and dtalbott like this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nothing wrong with that at all.

3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Not sure I agree.

I'm fully on board with each individual getting all the scratch they can get in the current environment, but I don't think that the environment is a good thing. The money has gotten out of hand top-to-bottom. Ticket prices are absurd. Parking is completely stoopid, and concessions are outrageous.

Not hating the player, hating the game.

For my football entertainment dollar, I live in DFW. Every fall Friday night there's a high school football game within a couple of hours drive of me that would be equivalent to a generational best state championship game in 40 of these United States.

BigBird likes this.
  4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Well, there’s a lot more chedda for salaries when you get *someone else* to buy the playpen…

5. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

And a year from now you'll be asking why it took him so long to win his first Super Bowl.

6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

7. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

8. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Henry to the Ravens has a LOT of potential.

9. rwdfun

rwdfun

Holy shit I haven’t laughed so hard in…. Ever. How now 3 teams have given that 3rd string QB that much money is one of life’s greatest mysteries. And I thought the Panthers front office was the most inept in the league but the Falcon’s is giving them a run for the money. There is no way any other team was offering anywhere near that amount. The Falcon’s even had a negotiating advantage over other teams. They can offer a chance to play in the worst division where .500 gets you a home playoff game and the other QBs in the division are Mayfield, Carr and Young. Not exactly a who’s who of QB greatness.

BigBird and chobes like this.
  10. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Don't forget da Bears. Quite possibly the worst front office in my lifetime. Cleveland's sucks too.

11. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Cousins puts up big numbers and is very accurate when he has protection, but that’s about it. I can’t believe how much money he’s stolen over the past few years, especially considering his one career playoff win. Despite all his talk it’s obviously just about the money to him.

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

and the Giants from 2012+ have one of the the worst records in the NFL

13. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Could be worse. They do share a stadium with a joke of a team.

BigBird likes this.
  14. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Lemme guess...#JetsSuckWorse.

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

#jetssuck is more than appropriate, it's implied already that they are the worst :D

Sabre699 and brex like this.
  16. BigBird

BigBird blah

"Star WR Justin Jefferson turned down a 30+ Million per year contract from the Minnesota Vikings before the 2023 season started"
    How much more was he looking for?

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Does Wilson still have anything to give? Steelers picked him up for the NFL equivalent of the cost of a used Senta (with CVT). Seems like a bargain.

18. sidepipe79

sidepipe79 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how you can be mad at the guy for letting teams throw money at him. Its the teams fault for being dumb enough to waste the money.

mpusch and younglion like this.
  19. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Russ will pocket $39 mill from Denver and the veterans minimum of $1.2 mill from Pittsburgh and statistically he's much better than their current QB Pickens was last year.

Free gamble for them at 1.2 mill.

dtalbott and brex like this.
  20. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Carr took the Saints for a boatload, same for Jones in NY and the list goes on for QB's who make outrageous money and did nothing in return...

Aaron Rogers is on that list as well...