1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2024 | Race 1 | Qatar | Lusail | March 8-10

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Mar 4, 2024.

1. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

[​IMG]

BigBird likes this.
  2. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

So.

Ok.

3. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Quack, quack…LOL

IMG_2286.jpeg

4. rwdfun

rwdfun

And y’all hated the idea of Nas-bike. That’s essentially what we have now and the racing is pretty decent.

bigkaley and BigBird like this.
  5. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I must be watching something different than you guys. That GP race was a snoozer ... 1 pass for the lead at the very start. A pass here and there every few laps, then gap - gap - gap - gap - big gap - big gap - gap - gap ... oh look 3 bikes in a row fighting for 12-13-14 that gets 15 seconds of screen time.

BOR-ING.

Perhaps I got spoiled by the first WSBK weekend?

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

same here. without MotoGP fantasy game and meh racing, outside of Acosta, aero has made motogp like a F1 race

cbush likes this.
  7. Tortuga

Tortuga Well-Known Member

Yup, same here. I stopped watching the GP live last year so I can skip ahead when my eyes go unfocused. More often than not I don't miss anything.
    After Acosta's tires went off, this first race was the same as last year; everyone gets a great launch then one or two laps of racing for position followed by 35 minutes of 'managing the tires' after which anyone with any tire left who can still see the bike in front of them might attempt a pass. Frankly, it's awful.

I'll keep watching obviously, (it's free) but if they want it to be two wheeled F1 then they should include pit stops like F1 (except it takes minutes to swap fronts on these new GP bikes). Or just shorten the races to a length the tires will actually last. Though even the sprints are getting pretty dull.

By contrast, Moto3 is always great racing and I usually watch it live. Moto2 is hit and miss.

cbush, Kevgentile, brex and 1 other person like this.
  8. BigBird

BigBird blah

thrak410, redtailracing and 88/532 like this.
  9. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Acosta mentioned a smaller tank for the sprints, so you think that just meant less fuel in the tank? I’ve never heard of them using different tanks for the sprint versus the main race.

11. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I wondered the same when I read that but just assumed he did indeed mean less fuel and being a non native english speaker resulted in confusing wording

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

"The maximum fuel tank capacity for sprint races is 12 litres, as opposed to the main race which is a maximum of 22 Litres.

Teams are allowed to use a purpose-built fuel tank with this capacity or an alternative method of reducing capacity in the normal tank."

13. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Thanks @BigBird I don't remember ever hearing about that.

BigBird likes this.
  14. brex

brex Well-Known Member

To be fair, 'Bird got that info from the Giants front office.

SuddenBraking and BigBird like this.
  15. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

BigBird likes this.
  16. BigBird

BigBird blah

That's amazing for real, the amount of things they measure and how to change your riding style basically instantly based on that.

[​IMG]

cbush likes this.
  17. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

Motogp is boring. No passing. The wings and ride height crap needs tog go.

The moto 2 riders were much faster on the Pirelli's!

cbush likes this.
  18. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I'm hoping the track had a lot to do with it and next round is more interesting

Phl218 likes this.
  19. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

or are over hyping wsbk. race 1 and the superpole race wernt exactly a barn burners

20. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I was thinking the same. Leader checked out mid race. At least in MotoGP, I thought someone else had a chance to win until the last lap.

henry_carlson likes this.