1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Boeing 737 Max-8 crash

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Mar 10, 2019.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

FAA employees don't fly airliners, though. Your blind wharf will probably be in a government back office somewhere. But it admittedly doesn't sound as dramatic. :D

2. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I'm told that dwarfs fly pretty well when tossed.

EDIT: Mind, an one-armed one may have a pull to one side....

Rebel635 likes this.
  3. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Shouldn’t pull if tossed properly, but may have a pronounced wobble in flight.

4. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Air Wisconsin keeps sending emails to me with "up to $200 k bonus!"

5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Jeeeeeezus, I'm never gonna get IN an airplane again! :D

tgold likes this.
  6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

So who killed the dude in Charleston?

7. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

The Clintons?

brex likes this.
  8. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

The national news said self inflicted. Doesn't that make it true? Plus, that's a busy hotel right on highway 17 so somebody had to have seen something.

brex likes this.
  9. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

This "merger" was strictly because Boeing lost the first round of the Joint Strike Fighter competition and was quickly becoming an "outsider looking in" in the DOD contract world. MDC and Lockheed were both already essentially out of the commercial market because Boeing production capability was difficult to compete against (and aged L1011's and DC-10s with no money to develop a new commercial plane on either side). Don't be mistaken, commercial is really where the money is.

MDC had an entry in the down-select for JSF and Boeing, flush with commercial cash (pre-Dreamliner selling 737's by the bushel basket to low-priced carriers) just bought back in to DoD work (and JSF).

The first line from Wikipedia is humorous. I would say it was exactly the opposite (Boeing Bean Counters... you understand that selling commercial planes isn't cost-plus like D0D contracts, right?). But indeed, the bean counters did win.

10. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

i think we have a referral bonus at edv. Want to split it?

11. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I didn’t know Air Willy still existed. I get cards in the mail fairly often offering that type of bonus. I’m 51 years old, haven’t flown in over a year and don’t remember which way to turn entering a hold. They’re desperate. Haha

12. Dave Wolfe

In all honesty, I have put way too much thought into this. Im now of the opinion she personally probably only killed maybe 10% of the klinton list. I think the other 90% were done by her 'club'.

13. Dave Wolfe

Thanks but I'll pass on that. I'm a single dad with half time son and full time dog. Im not in a position to live on the road again!

14. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Epstein.

15. BrentA

BrentA Very expensive.

16. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

The bullet was "saturated" in CoVid-19 as well

17. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

Meh, McDonald Douglas made some absolutely shite transport jets. Look to the MD-11 and how fast the major airlines shed them to UPS/FedEx (who could then have multiple accidents that barely made the news).

The MD-90(read as “717”) you ask? You’ve got to be kidding me..

Maybe go back a bit further and say the MD-80? Complete pile of garbage that flies like everything is connected with peanut butter. While you’re wallowing around in that shit bucket, it’s filled your flight kit with de-ice fluid and or rain.

MD should have died a painful death by a case of super clap loooong ago.

HPPT likes this.
  18. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

Mullaly has his own share of goat-rodeos, but at least he didn't marry his cousin like Condit did...

19. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

A Canadian Passenger asked a Chilean Captain and he said he "Lost control of his instrument panel". This is hardly conclusive evidence.

We will find that this was a turbulence encounter and nothing more.

I've been hit head on by lightning multiple times and never seen a display flicker. The loss of instrumentation due to turbulence (or anything, for that matter) is highly unlikely.

inpayne and Steak Travis like this.
  20. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

This is awesome,wife planning a trip to Sweden this summer as I'm reading this thread,nice knowing y'all. I'm definetly buying that 890 Duke r this spring.:crackup:

HPPT and Banditracer like this.