1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2024 | Race 1 | Qatar | Lusail | March 8-10

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Mar 4, 2024.

1. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

re MM93. per the journos he has been talking about his season long "plan," he is being patient and is using each race as a building block which means he is building up slowly.

Senna likes this.
  2. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Kinda looked like what he was doing to me. I think he drove the rear tire off the thing in the sprint race and he backed it down and took what it gave him. He did a better job of managing the tires Sunday and didn't appear to be pushing too hard. For the first outting at a track he doesn't gel with, I have to consider his weekend a success.

3. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Back on the Moto2 subject, Joe R salvaged a solid 7th after starting in the midfield. Perhaps his experience on the shitty Pirelli's stateside (and older Dunflops) will help him this year.

Blammo and henry_carlson like this.
  4. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Yeah right,he don't have no plan.

CowboyRR likes this.
  5. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

That or he fortunately picked the soft rear, like the rest of front runners......

SuddenBraking likes this.
  6. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

The other side of the coin is the rider needs to accurately communicate what the bike is doing and how he needs it to be. So if he is not doing that then it is a garbage in, garbage out situation and he is not doing his entire job. He is riding the wheels off of that bike but is he giving the engineers what they need to be able to give him the best possible setup?

7. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Wow, it’s been a while since a tire company screwed the pooch that badly….

I wouldn’t even be upset if Canet punched a Pirelli engineer in the face after that shit show. WOW

SuddenBraking likes this.
  8. BigBird

BigBird blah

[​IMG]

cbush, prm and Jedb like this.
  9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It hasn't been that long. There are photos taken at Phillip Island WSSP that I can't post in public.

The Great One and Circacee like this.
  10. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Sorry, I was referring to mainly GP events. I am sure all brands have their black eyes.

11. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

It’s pretty much the Ducati Cup right now. With all the Japanese manufacturers dead in the water. I’m rooting for the KTM teams to push those bikes further along. A Brad or Pedro title might make me subscribe again. Lol

Kevgentile and BigBird like this.
  12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Aren't they pretty much the same tires since the switch this winter anyway?

13. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

You’re nuts. This is some off best shit we’ve seen in years. Rossi has become an afterthought to those who thought he was carrying the sport.

14. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Honestly after having MotoGP video pass for many years... Last year was the first year I did not purchase because of this. I did not get it this year also. Only thing exciting right now for me is Pedro coming on scene and ruining the Ducati parade. Kept Wsbk pass last year but havent signed up this year yet.

15. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

WSBK is worth it, watching Alex Lowes and AI29 battling was legit.

I bit the bullet on GP this Sunday and glad I did. Moto3 and Moto2 were great. Watching Acosta dice through the field was great. Fuck Motoamerica though, that shit was a disaster this weekend and glad I didn't purchase. Shit's free on Youtube anyhow.

BigBird likes this.
  16. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I don't care if it's a Ducati Cup or not, I just want good racing. So far, I haven't seen that. Moto 2 and 3, yes, MOTOGP, not so much.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

They have red Ducatis, blue Ducatis, purple Ducatis and violently yellow Ducatis. Just imagine they're four different brands and enjoy the close racing.

Hell, they could field six more and get rid of Honda and Yamaha until next year for all I care, if that brings Quartararo, Rins and Mir and Zarco into the show

18. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I agree, the thing that seems to be hurting the close racing now, is the aero.

cbush, Dan Dubeau and BigBird like this.
  19. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

There were some snoozer races last year, but I thought the racing overall was solid. I thought there was enough going on in Qatar to make it interesting, too.

I think the racing will improve whenever Michelin delivers that new front tire designed under the current aero packages.

tgold likes this.
  20. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

End of last year. Michelin. Go ask Jorge Martin. He’ll tell you.

henry_carlson likes this.