1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Hopefully my new can shows up at my FFL soon. I’ll let you guys know once I’ve filed and we’ll see how long it takes. Will be my first time efiling.

couple questions: which seem to be going through faster? Individual or trusts? And if filing as individual, can it be added to a trust later? My one suppressor I already have is in a single shot trust and eventually I’d like to just consolidate all my stuff to a single trust anyways so not worried about putting it in one right now unless it processes faster.

2. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

If I had it to do over all my NFA would be in a trust. Trust timelines average longer but to me it’d be worth it if you have people you’d want to leave stuff to.

3. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Consolidating everything into a trust will cost you another stamp for each serial number since it’s a change of ownership/transfer. That is unless, I think, it’s part of an estate, so you just have to die for that to work.

4. redtailracing

Well shit, guess I better jump on that sooner rather than later.

5. Resident Plarp

Which one? A trust or expiring?

:D :D :D

6. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Note to self. Don't buy Winchester white box 9mm target/practice ammo ever again. You woulda thought I was shooting an 1800's kentucky musket with all the smoke. Dirty af compared to blazer, magtech, maxx tech, remington/UMC that I've shot with my limited experience.

7. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Many people have said it’s fine but I agree with you.

8. redtailracing

I’ve personally not had issues out of it but have read and heard enough from others that I stay away from it now. No reason not to when blazer, fiocchi, and federal can be had for the same price. White box was just often easier to find at the local academy.

9. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

I think I've warned people on here before multiple times. That shit is garbage.

gapman789 likes this.
  10. VR45 Troll

VR45 Troll Site Mod Upgraded to Troll. Formerly “Maximum”

Sellier and Bellot you pimple faced neophytes

sanee likes this.
  11. Resident Plarp

Reloads, because I like my 1350 FPS 7/8 oz. ink ballers in bucket loads.

reloads you twats.jpg

Sabre699 likes this.
  12. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

That stuff isn't even target worthy. Only thing it's good for is hood rats doing mag dumps.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Been a long ass time but used to shoot it all the time - has it gotten bad recently? Used to work great.

14. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

I think "bad" is relative. Went through a case of their 124g NATO last month. It all went bang. Was it dirty? Maybe, but I don't mind cleaning the guns. Been running through some Magtech nickle plated steel this month. No issues.

15. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

At my last range day, I had my first squib, during a bill drill. Fortunately, the load wasn't strong enough to cycle the slide and chamber the next round. New factory ammo, not re-manufactured. It seems like a lot more people are reporting squibs. Probably due to the insane volume of ammo manufacturers are now pumping out, with the inevitable reduction in quality. Be careful out there.

16. Resident Plarp

Damned white box out there hosing bitches!

accuracy.jpeg

sanee and gapman789 like this.
  17. gapman789

I do have a binary triggered lower that I'm yet to build into an AR 9....maybe I'll just put the white boxes aside til then. Got 800 rds left of it.

18. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

Well, in the last 6 months the local indoor range has driven out 3 stuck bullets from squibs for their customers, all white box. Luckily no one sent another round down behind the first one.

19. gapman789

Ok, what the hell is a squib?

20. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

Under charged round, enough to push the projectile out of the case into the barrel but not enough to push it out of the barrel.